Husband Turning 50....what Ideas for a Party

My husband is turning 50 in August.....what ideas would you have for a party?

We had a surprise party for him when he turned 40 - everyone was in town for our son's baptism AND it was a month early - so he was VERY surprised....

I don't want to "top" it - but I would like ideas on what you would do for this BIG one?!

For my dad I WAS planning a Over the Hill and Through the Woods party. Sadly I wasn't able to pull it off.

The cliche for age fifty is "Over the hill..." but it often ends, "... and on a roll!" What would make your husband feel "on a roll"? Is there something he has always wanted to do? Can you make arrangements so that he can do it?

Even if it's a trip that he (and you!) will need to take later in the year, you can announce it now.

Now that I am over 50, I am convinced it's not "over the hill" any more!

We're holding a surprise 65th for my Dad this year. The party will take place in a hotel and my mother has told him it's an employee awards banquet put on by her company. LOL I can't wait.

How about a casino night?

hot air balloon ride ? horse back riding ? romantic dinner with the two of you and then lead him to a concert with other friends going .

My husband is turning 50 in April. I also want something very special, but not sure what. Money is always an issue, but I also want to make it special for him. April C. - I love your idea - do you have suggestion for the month of April :)

It dipends what his interests, hobbies, are...or else you could just choose a theme, like ice-cream party, nutella party or pizza party etc... held in a very different,unthinkable place. Could you rent a room in a museum, for example??? Or an area at the zoo?? Something like that...have fun!!

My husband is ALSO turning 50 in August. I'm thinking about having a BIG party/cookout at the house. (He doesn't want anything, but ya only turn 50 once, right?) He'd probably like a pig roast but I'm not wild about that....

My friend did something cool for her husband's 40th - I don't know the exact details, but somehow she arranged it that he could drive a race car around a track. Like NASCAR I guess. He loved it! My husband will be 40 this year and I'm thinking about doing something similar, but my husband LOVES boats, so I might look into him being able to drive one of those really fast boats (cigarette boat?) I think he'd get such a kick out that. Maybe your guy is into something like that - something that you don't normally "let him" do?

1 / 3