Husband's Surprise 30Th Birthday.

Looking for some simple, cheap ideas for my hubbies 30th birthday. I figured on doing some BBQ and having a few friends over but what can I do to pep it up a little? Thanks, C.

Get some childhood pics of him and either make a collage and display it on your fireplace mantle as a conversation piece or scan the pics and do a PowerPoint presentation.

Send birthday invitation with his baby pic on it, saying "Guess Who"

Along the lines of the picture display, I asked everyone on the invitation to my hubby's 40th to bring pics THEY had of him (the more embarrassing the better - g-rated of course). It was really fun. His cousin brought a picture of him in late 1970's short shorts - tennis shorts. Hilarious!!

Maybe find some games you think he will like? The Wii has some great games, that seem silly but are fun for parties as you can have four people playing a a time.

A few years ago, my husband and I attended a 30th birthday party for a friend of ours. It was a hat/wig party. Everyone who attended had to wear a hat or wig. People were very creative. Be sure to let them know if children will be attending if you chose something like this. People can get really creative.

Get some Carribean music cd's and a longpole and have a limbo contest.

Rent a karaoke machine and let the guests provide the entertainment.

Sorry no help here... looking for answers to this myself. Will check back! My husband is a child about birthdays (that is his day and he wants a celebration) so I need to come up with something great myself! Hope we get some help :)

1 / 3