Husband Looking Through My Phone

Okay.... this is the second time I caught my husband looking through my phone. Should I be thinking he is guilty. A little history: My husband and I have had a very rocky relationship. He has been verbally abusive and Very Rude towards me for the past two years, I finally filed for a divorce. We still live together but the divorce has been in waiting because we were trying to work it out (I guess) anyways... He has been so emotionally detached from me for two years now, so of course at this point I am now at the "giving up" point. I learned to focus on myself and my kids now and of course God =.) He is constantly telling me how he doesn't care about me and how he does't care if I go through the divorce. So why is he looking through my phone and even calling and texting my phone while I'm at school. (He has gone for weeks at a time not calling or answering my calls , the only time we talk is when he is home and that is not good either. He is usually cursing me out) so now why the sudden "change of mind from him"??? I don't get it. Oh I forgot to mention that since he has been back (two months) he is constantly on his phone texting or on a "Game" (But I think he is chatting..) he says all hours of the day when he is home.

Guilty people usually assume the other party is guilty as well. Just leave him and get it over with so you can both start over.

When I was leaving my husband after his second affair he told me he knew I would date but he could not stand the idea of another man touching me in a sexual way. I asked him how he thought I felt knowing other woman had touched him that way while we were still married! Divorce often does not lesson the feeling a man has that his wife is somehow his alone, they do not like feeling like they can be replaced. He is dealing with the fact that you plan to love again, and that he was not the end of you. Just keep moving forward and ignore his jealousy.

I would agree that he's guilty and therefore thinks you are too. But, I would also say he DOES care. I'm not saying stay with him or anything, but I am saying that he cares way more than he lets on so just beware of that. It could make him angry if he finds out you've been talking with other people, even if he is totally unjustified! You also mentioned that you're trying to work it out, but you didn't really sound like that's going to hot...so I'm just going to say don't prolong things in front of the kids. If you want to work things out and you're both actively trying then I think that's great, but kids pick up on WAY more than the parents think, so if you aren't into working on it, one of you should move out. Don't let you kiddos see more of this drama between the two of you, that will affect them more than anything else! Good luck!

My X-husband and I have been divorced for 2 years. In his simple mind there is still hope that we are going to get back together. He was also very verbally abusive to all of us. I will just give you some of the things that I have learned from dealing with a man that was probably cut from the same mold as your husband. He will never downgrade his ego and say that he needs me. If he does that then he has to admit some guilt on his part as why the marriage ended and he will never do that! I think that this is probably part of the reason that your husband that your husband checks your phone. He wants you back but if he admits guilt then he might have to change and that is not going to happen. I think that this is also the reason that he says that he does not care if you go through with the divorce. He just wants to use the reverse psychology mind game on you. I have learned so much from being married to this whackjob!! He probably wants you to be jealous since he is on his phone all the time in front of you. I would not give a second thought to these subtle mind games and do what is best for you and the kids. I now it hurt my kids terribly to see me get abused by this man.

Given the circumstance of your relationship right now, I wouldn't trust him. There are several reasons why he was looking through your phone -- sheer curiousity, he's having a physical and emotional affair and he's looking for signs that you are too, maybe trying to glean phone numbers and information off your phone to use to his advantage some how (financially?) -- but given that the two of you are clearly at odds with each other and the relationship is over, there's really no good reason why he should be rifling through your phone without your permission. You may want to think about what you can do to live in separate residences pretty soon.

Wish I felt more positive about this situation . . .

I would put a password on your phone and get out of this situation as soon as possible. If he is abusive it could escalate. Being in that environment is not good for you or your kids.

Hi D..S usually when a spouse goes through another ones phone it's because they think they may he cheating, he also maybe going through it to see if maybe there is someone new if your life and that you have moved on. if there i nothing there I wouldn't worry about it. it sounds like he has some demons he needs to work through. You mentioned God, the promises we make to one another on our wedding days are the same promises we make before God and to God. it says for better or for worse, we all do great with the better, but when the worse comes we want to bail, when the worse comes we need to work even harder. J.

I don't understand why you're still living in the same house as this man, and why would ever even consider trying to work it out. You don't mention that you're in counceling? He is abusive, you need to get away from him. How old are your children? How do they feel when they have to constantly deal with all the yelling? Do you want them to think this type of behavior is ok?

As far as looking through your phone, are you sure he's not looking for something to use against you in the divorce? What do you think he's guilty about, doesn't make sense to me? What is he texting you about? Is it important? Is it something stupid? Is it just to annoy you? Does he think you're cheating on him, and he's trying to find evidence?

1 / 3