How'd You Know??

How did you ladies know you were pregnant?? Besides a pregnancy test. I mean, did you get sick, did you feel strange in your tummy(lower region), were you becoming psycotic on everyone? What was the sign?? What made you first think, 'oh gosh, I need to take a pregnancy test.'

Just curious.

Thanks ladies! lol I just thought that we needed a trip down memory lane! I loved reading everyone's stories...some were definately hilarious!!!

My story: With my daughter, I was on birth control, I worked in a nursing home, and everyone had the flu, so I just assumed I had it as well..after a mnth of the flu, my now ex-mil asked if I was preggo...I said "NO!" but went right out and took a test...and TADA!!!

With my son: I was on birth control. I wasn't trying, didn't want another, was grieving the fact that my little girl had been taken away from me by her father when we got divorced.(she was only 6 mnths old the last time I held her in my arms) I got out of the shower on day and dried of and was putting lotion on my leg, and happened to look at my nipple and there was colostrum dripping out. I at first thought that I hadn't dried off well enough, and started to dry myself again...but it wouldn't stop. I went to the dr and told her something was wrong with my boobs...she came back and said "Jenn you're 6 1/2 mnths pregnant!!" Wow...I think that was the shortest pregnancy ever.

Love your stories, keep them coming!!! Memories help us smile, laugh, cry and get through the worst days!

We had been trying to get pregnant for about about a month when I woke up with morning sickness. My husband thought maybe I was pregnant and my response was, "No, it never happens this quickly." HA! I did a EPT the next morning and it was positive. I love reading all these.

Well I remember feeling extra tired and that my boobies were extremely tender for about a week, but the thing that made me think of taking a pregnancy test was the fact that my period was over-due about a week. :)

With my last one (now 3 months old) I started getting really tired and was throwing up constantly (even in the middle of the night).

The key givaway for me was breast tenderness. This happened almost immediately everytime (four children/four miscarriages). I also became extremely tired and ravenously hungry long before missed period.

I always felt it in the boobs first. Then the cramping feeling like a period is about to start. But all 4 of mine were planned, so I was obsessively peeing on sticks every chance I got. But it was almost immediate when the stick turned positive, the overwhelming tired feeling kicked in. I could sleep all night, then nap all day for months. I got a little morning sickness with the 3rd, but the 4th was terrible sickness. All that didn't start until after I already knew. About 4 weeks into it. I couldn't tell you if I would have known as quickly if my pregnancies would have been unplanned.

I felt sick in the morning. Never threw up. It was about 5-6 weeks after I had been pregnant the sickness came.

Never got sick. I knew and took a pregnancy test only one day after missing my period, it was that quick. I went to do a step class at the gym that I did every Sunday. The class was 1.5 hours and I only got 20 minutes into and had to stop and go home. My first thought is that I must be getting sick. Then I went home and as I was getting in the shower, my hubby said my boobs looked bigger! Yep, that fast! So I took the test the next day and i was pregnant!

we tried for about 9 months to get pregnant the first time. I was doing the ovulation test,temperature taking, and tracking my cycle. I knew each momth when i was ovulating. I just knew before i stated my period. I was so weird that i just felt like "this is it. It worked this time". I did miscarry the first pregnancy but got pregnant 6 weeks later and had a healthly baby girl. I just knew right away with her too. With my second baby, which was unplanned i started feeling a little sick. Just a upset stomach nausea thing. Then i took a test and it was positive. My girls are two years apart and is was very hard at first. Now i wouldn't change it for the world. I was also dead set against having anyother baby but when these things happen you just dig deep down and get through it. Give your husband some tome he may come around. I am a sahm and it is stressful on my husband to have to think about being the sole financial provider in the famliy. Your husband is probably thinking about this end of being a parent and not how great it is to have a another baby. What ever happens remember to stay connected as a family.

1 / 3