How to Treat Acne for Good- or Almost

Hi everyone. I have been battling acne forever, I'm 26, and am sick of it. And I have tried everything. When my acne was more under control, I was on birth control. Well we are trying for our 2nd, so no birth control. I'm on the Murad products, and I think they do a good job. But I've had more on my face in a long time. I know when I'm stressed I get it, and my face is very oily. What other suggestions do you have for me? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey ladies, Sorry for the late response, but I appreciate all your suggestions. There seemed to be quite a variety for me to try. I will definitely get back to some of you. Thanks a bunch.

If you've never tried Proactiv, please do. I have had acne for...20 years now and it is so unfair that I am getting wrinkles now and the acne never left. I have also tried A LOT of treatments, antibiotics, prescription topical creams, birth control pills (only worked for the first 4-6 months of any given pill) and proactiv has been my favorite. It costs approximately $20 per month, or less if you use less. You can find it and order it online, or in some mall kiosks.
I hope that helps!

I know of a nutritional product that helps with acne and most skin problems--it is safe with no warning lables-contact me at ____@____.com or ###-###-#### S. M.

Try Boielements! www.bioelements.com This is a wonderful line that you can fine in professional salons and spas. I battled with acne and this is an AMAZING line. A little goes a long way with the products! Well worth the investment for clear skin. I only found one salon in your area that carries it. Call and ask if they could do a consultation about the product with you. They have a great acne line and also ask about their custom blending! I use a product called Clogged Pore Inhibitor that is mixed in to all of the products I use! Works like a charm! Here's where I found the nearest location to you:
MASK HAIR DESIGNS AND DAY SPA
11012 Greenbriar Rd
Minnetonka, MN 55305
United States
www.maskspa.com

I heard about Burts Bees "acne stick" on this site and it is fantastic! It's not drying and is worth giving a try. I will even use it on problem areas when stressed to prevent and my skin has never been better.

FROM: D. L

DATE: Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I am having a few friends with acne and I recommend the Aloe Vera Gelly along with the Aloe Liquid Soap and it helps.

For you, I would like to recommend the Aloe Vera Gelly, the Aloe Liquid Soap and Aloe Vera Gel. The Liquid Soap is to wash the face and the Aloe Vera Gelly is for you to rub on the face. The Aloe Vera Gel is to cleanse you from the inside out, that is, it is going to detox you.

Please check te website www.foreverliving.com

A little about me:
I am married for 28 years, a mother of 3, the eldest being 27years and the smallest 17years. I am a fulltime and also a parttime mom. I am also a Distributor of Aloe Vera products.

Since you want another child my suggestion is no good right now.

I used Accutane when I was 30 and worked great.

YOU CAN NOT GET PREGNANT using that drug. You are almost guranteed to have a child with a birth defect. I'd wait until you were done having kids and look into it.

It changed my life. :)

I'm a mother of three, nurse and a lifestyle educator and I often see acne change in my patients after we change their diet. Acne is an inflammatory response and is a reflection of inflammation happening inside the body as well. If you address the root cause of the inflammation, the acne can improve. Take a look at your diet and see what inflammatory foods you can eliminate.

Hi A.

I would recommend seeing a dermatologist. I struggled w/treating acne for years as well. I finally decided to see Dr. Charles Crutchfield in Eagan, and am very pleased. He was able to treat my acne successfully through 2 pregnancies and breastfeeding. I have some topical cream that I use - which I was skeptical about at first, b/c I thought I would need something stronger - but it's the only safe prescription to use when pregnant/nursing. And I've been surpisingly happy with the results. So glad I'm not trying to control it w/the spendy OTC stuff (I tried ProActiv for a while and it just wasn't doing the trick). So, I would suggest seeing a dermatologist - if you get a good one they can really help, and it's so much faster, and easier, and cheaper. My prescription cost me $5 and lasts for months!

There are only two things that work for me: ProActiv and a regular facial (every 4-6 weeks). I've been doing this for the last 8 years. If I skip out on one of the other, I break out. Now, some people consider a facial an extravagance but for me it's a necessity.

I use Proactive and I love it. I never used it when I was prego so you might want to make sure it is safe for you. My skin would also get oily. I use the 3 step process and also the Daily Oil Contorl and the Oil Free Moisture. I also use the refining mask for spot control. You can go to Proactive.com and read about it. I believe they also have free shipping right now and you get a free item. It is a little pricy but well worth it to have clear skin!

1 / 3