How to Thank My In-laws

My mother in law and sister in laws have been really great to me, especially in recent weeks when I was sick and my husband was a completely useless you-know-what. I am looking for a thoughtful way to thank them for all they have done for my family (I didn't grow up with a tight knit relationship to my parents or my sisters). They've just been so supportive and don't even question helping me/my 2 kids. We don't have alot of $$ to spare right now otherwise I'd send them all to a spa! Mother's day is coming up - Any ideas?

Make them a photo book using Kodakgallery.com it's really simple to use and they have all different sizes and prices.

I love the one where you, and your kids (with your help) try to come up with 30 things you like about the gift receiver. You write them on slips of paper and decorate a jar to put them in. They pull one out for every day of the month (or week, or however many you can think of!) and are reminded they are special. No $ needed! Good luck.

Perhaps you could make them something? I took my children (at the time they were 5 and 2) to a 'paint your own pottery studio' where we "made" mugs for grandparents. It was fun - relatively inexpensive and someone else dealt with the mess. The gifts were well received and are used often.

Or maybe you and the children could put together a window box of flowers/herbs, something that your mother-in-law might use all season and be reminded of how much you all love and appreciate her.

Hi
I know it's hard to say thank you when money is tight-but that's where talent and time come into play. Offer to do something for them-yard work, clean house, something that gives of yourself. And your husband can certainly help-ALOT!
They are his children too.
I work from home too-so I understand those challenges.
People think you ARE home all day-not WORK from home all day!
Good luck and stay well.
J. H

How about inviting them for a barbecue? THE MEN can do the cooking, while the kids run around and play, and the women sit in lawn chairs with their feet up - you deserve it! It doesn't have to be expensive steak,you could serve hamburgers and hot dogs, or chicken, and a couple of side dishes prepared the day before. Paper plates and cups for easy clean up. Oh, and tell your husband you want a corsage - you've earned that too!
God bless all the moms!

M. J,

You are so lucky to have inlaws like that. I don't have inlaws like you, mine are snotty, selfish people. Do you have any nice photos of them you can frame with a heart felt thank you. Or have them for dinner with a thank you cake. Make them a bracelet, you can go to the bead shop and make them so special. Doesnt cost much. You are a really nice person to think of them also and they must know this.

Pick up some daffodils for a thank you. They are inexpensive and they can replant them in their yard to bloom next spring. Or just simply send a nice thank you note, which is always appreciated and cheap. :) You could even bake them cookies or muffins with a note of appreciation. I think any gesture would be appreciated. It sounds like you have a great extended family.

how about a thank you card with a personal note written inside. and/or bake them a tasty treat. and/or frame a favorite picture of the kids for them.

1 / 3