How to Remove Permanent Marker from Bedspread

Any advice on how to remove permanent yellow Sharpie marker scribbles from a cotton bedspread? I've already sprayed it with Oxyclean and washed it on warm... no luck. I've been told if I dry it the stain will set... so... any advice before it dries?

Hairspray - the cheap kind - and the more the better. It will probably take more than one try to get it all out. Soak it with hairspray and then blot with a paper towel. Do it over and over... then wash in COLD.
LBC

Try spraying hairspray on it. I've gotten black permanent marker out of fabric using hairspray. You may have to spray and scrub, spray and scrub some more, but I'd give it a try.

Yes, rubbing alcohol. Try that.

Rubbing Alcohol, for future reference, is a good way to remove paint/marks etc. even on walls or surfaces.

HI H.,

CHEAP, toxic, lol, hairspray is the best to remove ink. Tub and Tile by Melaleuca, the Wellness Company will get it out (including black sharpie) as well as paint.....My husband I I removed ONE gallon of green paint from the beige carpet at church with the Tub and Tile and no one even knew we spilled anything.

You're right. Keep it wet until the stain is out or it can set in...

Rubbing alcohol, just pour it on and scrub a bit. It is the ingredient in hairspray that dissolves the marker. I've successfully removed permanent marker and lots of ball point pen ink with it.

I was not successful with removing permanent marker remedies. As for drying, however, I don't think the problem is so much with the marker drying as putting the item in the clothes dryer. The heat from the dryer can set stains...or any type.

Try a babywipe if you've got one. Those suckers can get out almost anything!

1 / 3