How to Remove Grass Stains from Jeans

My 11 yr old son has ruined ALL of his pants! There are grass stains all over the knees. Does anyone know how to remove these? They have already been washed so does that mean the stain is already set in?

I have used the OxiClean Versatile as well, and just soaked them in the washer overnight, and it will do the job. Also, if you have set in smells, you can try Febreze Laundry Odor Eliminator (over in the laundry detergent section)in a blue bottle that works really well for that, but it is really expensive, but you can go to Febreze's website and get a coupon for it. That works really well.

K., I have used oxy clean. I love it I first heard of it on an infomercial. Well this is one that works. My son played little league and had white pants. He would have grass stains,dirt stains. I would spray them first with oxy spray then throw a scoop of the powder in the wash. The powder is a little expensive but worth it. I'm never without it. L.

When our son was little he would get all sorts of stains (tea, grass, etc.) every day. I could get most EVERYTHING out by using the gritty stuff that mechanics use on their hands. I know it as "goop" but I don't know if that's an actual name or what. You can get it in any automotive store and I bought a pump container and kept it by the washer. You just rub it in on the entire stain and laundry as normal. His clothes could look ruined and come out perfect. It sounds weird but it works.

Hydrogen peroxide straight out of the bottle will remove most organic stains. It even took red clay mud stains out of white socks after my daughter and I came back from a camping trip where it rained all week.

And it's non-toxic and safe for the environment.

Buy Carbona Stain Devils stain-removers. There are 10 formulas, each specific to a particular type of stain. #6 is for make up and grass. Most WalMarts do not carry these, but most Winn-Dixies do. They are small yellow bottles in the laundry section.

Hi-

I don't have experience with grass specifically yet (my son just turned 2 and my girl is a girly girl). But, I would NOT dry them until you are sure the stain is out. Heat does set stains, but it is possible to remove some stains even after they have been dried in the dryer.

Here's a trick that I use- saturate the stain with Spray & Wash or Shout and then sprinkle with OxyClean- the Versatile kind, not the one with bleach. Let that sit for about an hour and then wash. Let it air dry and check to see if the stain is gone. Then if needed, you can repeat the steps.

This process has saved many clothes that I thought were ruined, including a hand-sewn heirloom-quality dress my daughter wore when she was a flower girl at my cousin's wedding.

On another note, OxyClean is great at taking the sour smell out of clothes. My son is a big drooler (always has been)- he can wet the front of his shirt in an hour or two. Anyway, adding a bit of OxyClean or soaking the really bad shirts always takes the smell out.

Hi K.

I have had a lot of luck with set in stain by using Shout Advanced it is in a small blue bottle...specially made for set in stains.
Hope that helps!

Another idea to try if those don't work is to make a paste (not too thick) of baking soda and water and a little laundry detergent directly on the stain. Brush with some kind of brush like a nail brush then either let it set for a while or wash. Putting some baking soda in your wash (especially whites) can help brighten them without bleach. Hope this helps. It has saved a lot of my clothes.

oxy clean works great soak then for a few days then wash them with oxyclean and you laundry detergent and they should come out!!

1 / 3