How to Remove Dark Spot on Hardwood Floor

Does anyone know how to remove a dark spot on hardwood floors. This dark spot is from dog pee. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I had the same problem when I bought my house. The company that we hired to refinish and polish our floors told us that does black spots will not come out we needed to replace that piece of wood. They tried to sand it down and you still were able to see it.

Soak a rag with Hydrogen Peroxide and put it over the stain. You will bleach the dark right out of the wood. Yes, it works! Reapply as needed to get the desired color.

I use a natural cleaner that will not strip your wood but will remove the spot. It is called Tough and Tender from Melaleuca. If you are not already using Melaleuca products thay have an awesome and effective line of ...especially when you have little children around the house! Let me know if you want to try the product and I will show you how.

Try Murphys Oil Soap if the hydrogen peroxide treatment does'nt work. I've used it on my wood floors for years...cleans tough and is very gentle! Good luck!

Hydrogen peroxide. Soak a towel or cloth in hydrogen peroxide and put it over the stain for half an hour. Works like magic if the stain is fresh enough.

1 / 3