How to Remove Crayon from Leather Car Interior

I would appreciate any ideas on how to remove crayon from the leather interior of my car. I don't know how long it has been there. Thanks for any suggestions!!

I don't know - but ALWAYS buy the "washable" crayons. That's my advice. Then you can easily wipe it off of almost anything.

Use WD-40! Spray some on a paper towel and wipe a little off at time. Yes, it does work. It is the best crayon solvent ever. I worked on my car seat and I barely tell that is was there.

Traci

My Mom-owned business: www.cleanduct4kc.net

One of my daycare boys recently did this right on my cloth seats. Any citrus oil cleaner will clean it fast and easy.

Try the magic ersaer but go real easy to see if it fades.then a bit of rubbing alcohol do the same.

409 may work. Give it a shot. Good luck!

Try using armorall ?

Traci

I have used something called "Goof Off", comes in a little tin can in the cleaning supplies at grocery store, walmart etc. It works on a lot stains, scuff marks on floors from shoes. It smells like gasoline but works great! Good luck!

I have never tried this on leather but it has worked on cotten and a sofa:

Wet a rag or brown paper bag put this over the crayon mark. Then go over the rag or brown paper bag with a hot iron.

Good Luck.

Good Morning K., I would suggest using the Mr. Clean eraser lightly on the crayon. Maybe in a place where it wouldn't be seen right off. I have used it on my hardwood floors, walls, and it even took a cig burn Grrrrrrrrrrrrr off of my coffee table. Wet it lightly before trying.

Best of everything to you and yours
K. Nana of 5
PS take those crayons away from that 22 & 19 yr old, tell um it's time for Markers now :))

I'd stick with the Magic Eraser and follow up with a leather conditioner in case it did leach any of the oils out. If the Magic Eraser doesn't work I'd call your local auto detail shop and see what they recommend...I'm sure they've seen it all.

Recently, people were talking on here about how to remove permanent marker from various pieces of furniture. A lot of people were saying that Hand sanitizer work. Just be careful so that it doesn't ruin your leather. Can't hurt to try!!!!

Good luck and have a great weekend,

i ran out of this, so i don't know if its safe on leather. but try dissolve it(spelling may be off) but if it takes gum out of clothes that were sent through the laundry, it may work on this

As said below, the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is amazing! I removed blue crayon from a beige wall! My mother, sister and I use them all of the time, it's worth it!

Hi K. - I just used a Magic Eraser to remove crayon from my coffee table last weekend. Worked perfectly! I'd highly recommend it. There are no chemicals, so it should be safe for leather. Good luck!

I'm not sure if it works with leather, but I'd think it might. Try putting a couple layers of paper towel over the crayon area, then iron with a normal clothing iron on a low temp. over the paper towels. The crayon should warm and cling to the paper towels. This worked with getting candle wax out of apolstry and carpeting, so I think it might with crayon too.

Goo-Gone, you can buy it at walmart, it has a nice citrusy smell and I have used it without fail to get crayon off of almost all surfaces known to man.

Good Luck!!!