How to Remove Cat Dander

My sister gave me a beautiful comforter set w/ sheets for my spare room. The bedroom it was in at her house is where her black cat slept. I am HORRIBLY allergic to cats. She washed the whole set and gave it to me. As I was putting the bed together, my allergies went haywire. AHA! She washed the bedding in the same washer as she washes everything else so the dander stayed. I rewashed it all in hot water, put it back on the bed and still I had an allergy attack. Can anyone recommend something that I can wash/put on the bedding to completely remove the dander? I have guests coming next week and I would like to have the room up and running properly.

Try washing it in Oxyclean, it should take it out. My brother-in-law is allergic to cats and I have one. When he says the night I have the entire bedset washed in Oxyclean and he doesn't have a problem. If that doesn't work and you really like the set you might have to have it dry cleaned. I hope this helps.

I have been told that pet dander stays for about to years. Even after washing something, the dandger can still be present. You might not be able to use the bedset :( Before I give up, I would wash it and dry it a few more times.

Hi B.,
Dom't know for sure that these will work but it worth a try.
BioAllers makes a Himeopathic liquod targeted for pet dander. Try washing in solition that contains this or you could get it & use it for yourself. www.vitacost.com
Then there is a liquid that you can get from your local Vet for cat allergies. You could try the same. I have heard some people who have used it on their ccat say that it has worked.
Good Luck!!

Purchase cat shampoo and wash the bedding in that. It should work. Use hot water to wash and dry in a hot dryer. Don't use a bounce sheet use liquid fabric softner.

20 Mule Team Borax. I'm not sure if I'm spelling that correct. It's a laundry soap. It's old school and it works great for stuff like that. If that doesn't work, bring it to a cleaners and let them know the problem and see what they think.

1 / 3