How to Make Paper Stand up for a Centerpiece

I am making centerpieces for a luncheon. Part of the table decorations include quotes and photos I have printed out and glued to a square, 1/4 piece of construction paper. The quotes will be on both sides of the paper (or be on two pieces of paper facing front and back of table). I can't figure out how to make the paper stand up and not get knocked/blown over. I really can't afford to spend money on this part and it needs to not look tacky. Can anyone give me any ideas?

Do you have frames you could place these quotes in just for this event and then take the quotes out after the event? (keep the photos in the frame behind the quotes..

Fold the construction paper into a v, tape it together and place a soda bottle or small jar in the middle to hold it up.. You could place a flower in the bottle. so it looks like a vase.

could you use an apple as a paper weight? just cut a vertical slit into them, and then slip the construction paper into the slice. seems like it would be the right size.

Can you fold it over, like an upside down V, and then leave some paper folded out on the bottoms to tape to the table? Like your upside down V would have wings coming out to the sides.

Or, you could make the "wings" long/big enough that you could put something heavy on them to hold it in place, like a candle, although that might block the pics and writing unless the item is just the right size.

Hard to explain - but does that make sense?

Hi Love-

Maybe fold the construction paper into a triangle...and tape the pictures on either side?

Kind of like you see on a diner's table advertizing desserts and such...

Best luck!
Michele/cat

one year for a graduation party the hostess used photo's of the child graduating. she made the bigger (about 5x7 and 8x10) she then attached them to boxes she had in her pantry. (think mac and cheese, cereal boxes, round oatmeal boxes etc. no waste and she donated the food to the pantry afterwards. you could just use some of your food out of the cabinet and return it to the cabinet afterwards

1 / 3