How to Keep a Black Sink Clean?

Hi! We got a beautiful new black sink but the problem is, all of the cleaners leave a residue and we have white water spots everywhere. Does anyone have a good cleaner to recommend (both for daily use and "deep cleaning")? Thanks!

Something like K-Boom or Zep tub and tile is wonderful. Spray and wipe it down with a sponge. It will shine.

Hello. I used to have a beautiful black sink. I used liquid Mr. Clean on it. It would leave it shiny and no dull residue left. Good Luck.

I agree with a previous poster...seal it with a car wax once it's clean and you won't have spots at all. And the Amway product is called Hard Surface Protectant and it is wonderful!!!

For cleaning a black sink I would suggest to use vinager or lemon juice and water

Amway has a liquid cleaner that is suppose to seal but I used it on my two black sinks in my dream home I had to give up through divorce. I had to wipe the sinks out every time we used them and one was the kitchen sick. This shined it and made it look nice. I can not remember the name of it. You can also use auto car wax once in awhile. I used to use a buffer and wax on my tubs until one time we had a visitor and he said the shower he used was really slick. G. W

We also have a beautiful new black sink and love it. We haven't used anything on it but dishwashing liquid. Use a heavy dose, wash down the entire sink, rinse and you are finished. If your water is hard enough to leave spots, dry with a paper towel after rinsing.

There is a line of products made by Tilelab available at home depot that I use, specifically the natural stone cleaner and sealer spray.

This might not work at all but you might try it. I tried to clean a black vehicle one time and streaks and spots kept coming back...I didnt know i was supposed to use a shammy. YOu could try it on the sink. Just a regular car shammy. After you clean it just finish it dry with that and it might keep the white water spots from coming back. It worked on the black car! Hope you figure something out.

I have a black sick and all I use is dish soap and a scuber. anything else I use leaves residue behind especially softscrub. I use Ms Meyers for my counter tops so I wipe down the top part of the sink with that. Then when it starts to look stainy around both drains from dumping tea and coffee in there, I just pour clorex just around each drain and scrub, then rinse because the fumes are too much, but it gets the job done.

1 / 3