How to Hang Decorative Butterflies from Ceiling

Hello Mamas!

I recently purchased butterflies and fairies that come with the clear fishing line attached so they can suspend from the ceiling and appear to fly. However, I don't know how to fasten them to the ceiling. The ceiling is white and I'd like to conceal any fasteners as best as possible.

Have any of you ever used these kinds of decorations and how should I fasten them to the ceiling?

Thanks, ladies!

A.

Thanks for all your responses. I ended up using clear tacks and it worked perfectly. The girls came home from school today to see new decorations... it felt like Christmas!!!

White thumb tacks. As a decorator, I can tell you that a person can get overly anal about perfection in decorating (I've done it), and a little imperfection (like white thumb tacks showing) is actually more interesting. And truth is,nobody will stare at the ceiling.

I did something like that years ago but I had a popcorn celing that I didn't want to have flake every where. What I did was put fising line attached to the head of a nail or white hook and strung that accross the celing in a random manor and then hun the decorations from the fishing line.

I hung our daughter's using clear tacks. I knotted the string around the base and just pushed up into the ceiling. This has held just fine ... two years now.

Ditto to the other responses - we have decorative butterflies hanging from my daughters ceiling, and white or clear thumbtacks are the only thing that does the trick. Just be sure to tie the fishing line around the tumbtack nice and securely before sticking it up there - trying to stick the tack THROUGH the fishing line does not work. LOL.

You could hang the butterflies from the ceiling with clear or white push pins or thumb tacks. In this way they would be nearly invisible to the public.
Have a great day.
G. H. (Country Essence)

A.
You could go to the hardware or Walmart and purchase the tiny white screw in cup hooks. You might have to make a tiny hole in the ceiling with an awl or icepick or something depending on if your ceilings textured or not. You might just be able to screw them in though. Attach your fishing line to them and they'll barely show if at all. That's one way. Good Luck!

My daughter is in college. Like most college students, she and her suitemates like to hang things from the ceiling. They can't use nails or tacks on their white walls and ceilings because they leave marks and holes.

I think it's 3M (red and yellow packaging) that makes removable hooks and stickers. These are fantastic! They have these small clear hooks that would hold the fishing line perfectly, and they remove cleanly if you decide to move them later.

They worked great in the dorms last year. You can even hang the larger hooks on the wall for light jackets and things. I've seen them at Target and Michael's, usually on an endcap or near tapes and hooks.

I think this is what you are looking for. Good luck!

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Command/home/...

Hi A. can you tell me where you purchased the butterflies and fairies. I would like to get some to add to my duaghters nursery. I have been looking for them. Please email me at ____@____.com
Thanks

1 / 3