How to Get Wallpaper Glue off of Walls

We are in the process of redoing our bathroom. It had wallpaper on it, which we have removed, but the only problem is that there is all this excess glue still on the walls. Does anyone have any methods or ideas for getting this off so that we can paint the walls?

Hi C.~

If you are into "green" and non-toxic I would highly recommend Basic-H to you!!!!

Not only can Basic-H get the glue off of the walls but you can use it for multiple other uses around the house.

Feel free to contact me if I can share more with you about it!

Take care~
A.

Half water, half liquid dryer softner...its a piece of cake and works best. I am a decorator, done it a million times.

I agree with Missy... Dif worked great for getting all my wallpaper (and the glue) off. Since you just have the glue to get off it shouldn't take long with this product. Good luck!

Hi C.~

Take care~
A.

I use vinegar and water in a spray bottle. It works great and when I ran out of vinegar I used downey and water which worked great too and smelled good too.

Just use hot water and Dish soap. Works better than any expensive stuff you can buy at the store. You'll want to put down lots of towels to protect your floor, and then just wash your walls with a lot of elbow grease as well as use a putty knife to gently scrape some of the glue off. Wall paper is not fun to get off and that's why people hate wall paper. Just get off as much as you can, and then get a good primer before you paint. There is one called "Gripper" that will stick to anything! Great to use on paneling or unusual surfaces. We've remodeled everyroom in this house ourselves so if you need any advice feel free to ask:) Enjoy your new room!

Use a rag or sponge to wet the wall and let it sit and use a paint scrapper or some sort of flat edge scrapper.

When I did this to my bathroom I went through a lot of vinager. I sprayed it on with a squirt bottle and then let it sit before scraping it off.

I would try Dawn and hot water first and if there is still some residue use TSP and follow the directions on the bottle. It is what you should always use when preparing walls for paint.

Hello:

There is a product called Dif that you can get at Hirshfields, Sherwin Williams or maybe Home Depot that is aweosme...it is a blue thicker spray gel. You apply, let it sit to penetrate and then remove. If it is a big area, you can apply with a roller.

M. S

1 / 3