How to Get Vasoline Out of Hair....

My daughter got into the vasoline that was on my son's changing table. I have washed her hair, and still it is so greasy and nasty. Does anyone know any home remedies that I can try? The shampoo that I have washed her hair with is the Sauve for Kids shampoo with conditioner. My father-in-law suggested dish detergent, but didn't know if it would really work. Any suggestions on that? Thanks for in advance for the help!!

I would use her shampoo with a little dish soap mixed in. That way it's not so harsh but still gets the cleaning done.

When my hair feels like it needs to be "cleaned" I use a couple drops of Prell with my regular shampoo and it really gets the buildup off.

~ t

Dawn dishwashing detergent and fresh lemons.....cut the lemons and squeeze to saturate hair. Plus, her hair will smell so good!!!!!!!!

R., do not use Dawn liquid it is too harsh and has alot of ammonia in it. Not good for her to have on her head and to be breathing in plus way too harsh for her hair. Use the diluted vinegar that the other person recommeded! Good luck! Hope you already got it out with the vinegar! Blessings, J.

Rinse her hair in white vinegar. It should take it out. My daughter got lip gloss in her hair and that is what got it out.

Try Dawn dish washing detergent...it worked for my neighbors daughter!

1 / 3