How to Get Tint Stain Out of Nipples

I was in a hurry the other night and forget to rinse a serving spoon that had tomato paste on it before I ran the dishwasher. My bottle nipples that were in the lil munchkin washer are now all red tinted. Any advise on how to get these clean or should I just dispose of them?

Thanks to all for the responses...I am so excited to try them and prove to my husband that it is worth a shot as I'm sure something will work! He said just to throw them but I knew you all would have some good advice!

We did the same thing just a few weeks ago. The stains faded on their own in a week or so with normal use & washing.

Is your tyke allergic to tomato? How about just continuing to use them?

I'm not sure, but I would try making a baking soda solution and soaking them in that or viniger. Also, maybe could mix baking soda and viniger (it will foam all up). Good Luck.

Hi there
I had something similar happen to me not too long ago which turned all the sippy cup valves I have red. I don't know if this will work for you but it definately did for me, and it's worth a shot. I filled an ice cream bucket with super hot water and some Dawn w/Bleach Alternative dish soap. Let them soak overnight and then run thru the dishwasher to be sure all the soap residue is off them. Worked like a charm for me!
Good luck to you.

soak in very hot water and soap. Should help

With tupperware that has tomato paste stains, I put the container out in the sun for a while, and it goes away! Maybe this will work with nipples as well.

Hi M.-
Setting tomato stained items outside in the sun (raining here today) will take out the stains. I'm not sure on exact time.

B. J
About me- perfusionist, wellness coach and mom to 7 yo twin girls

Hi M., I'm sure someone else has already suggested this, but I absolutely LOVE Cascade Plastic Booster 2 in 1. It comes in a squeeze bottle and you just put it in the "pre-wash" dispenser cup on your dishwasher. It gets the red tint out of plastic and leaves it perfectly clean. Just be careful, because it will fade colored plastic. I've saved bottle nipples and several other pieces of plastic wear that looked like it should be thrown away.

1 / 3