How to Get Spoiled Milk Smell Out of Purse?

My niece spilled a latte on her purse and now everytime she opens her purse it smells like spoiled milk. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this smell?

washing with a vinegar rinse removes odors. I've had luck with even mildew smells using vinegar.

Did you try baking soda? I would put some baking soda in warm water and wash out the purse with it then leave it open and let it air dry. You could also try charcoal or Frebreeze(sp). Rubbing alcohol also takes out smells.

If it is made of anything except leather: turn it inside out and place in a pillowcase; tie end tightly into knot. Wash with a load of HOT-water items like towels. Remove purse, turn right side out then stuff with a large cotton dishtowel or whatever you need to help the material keep its most appealing purse shape. Set somewhere breezy to dry. Check every 6 -8 hours, if the towel inside the purse is too wet, replace it with a new one.

If it is leather and it is lined I would remove the lining the least damaging way such as cutting close to the seams or on the seam so that you can successfully replace the liner once it is cleaned. Clear the fabric or you could observe how it has been assembled and then go to Michael's or JoAnn Craft and purchase appropriate replacement material. Use current liner as a guide to cut the pieces to reconstruct the liner. You can sew by hand or machine. I would purchase a leather cleaner to generally clean and maintain the leather of the purse.

Hope this helps .....

Try soaking it in HOT water and baking soda. May have to do it a couple of times. That's how I get spoiled milk smell out of one of my little guys blankets.

I have had this problem before and I started using OdoBan. I bought the large bottle at Sam's Club and I use it in laundry, around the house and even lately for the kids stinky sandals. I have been really happy with it.

Hope this helps!

1 / 3