How to Get Smell of Cat Urine Out of Sofa

Our cat peed on our sofa a couple of days ago. I have had someone come out to professionally clean it and he put something on it that was supposed to take care of the odor but I can still smell it when I sit near the area. Does anyone have any suggestions of products to get the smell out? I have heard Nature's Miracle is pretty good, but would love to hear from some of you if you have used something that has worked. I am sick about the sofa and really want to get the smell out. Thanks!

Hi D., Try taking the cushion to a uphostery store (Berkeley Uphostery in Plano) and have the cushion restuffed. The best stuff for pet oder is from www.zeropetodor.com, especially cat smells. The product has no perfumy smell at all. It is reasonably priced and a little goes a long way. HTH,

Nana

Dear D. D,
D. there is a product called Odor Cide, it is a odor eliminator. great for cigrettes,tolit,Dog,garbage,and Chairs. Kills all odors instantaly.
YOu will really like this product.
Mk

White vinegar is the bomb when it comes to eliminating odor. Wash the area with a sponge and white vinegar.

Morning D. I don't know how much you are willing to invest to get the odor out of your sofa.Go to this web site.
www.yourbestair.com/garrett
Let me know what you think.and have a Blessed Day.
J. G

UGH! I feel your pain, my cat has been having accidents all over and I'm trying to clean them all up! What worked for me on our carpet was add 1 cup hydrogen peroxide to 1 tbsp baking soda. Add 1 tsp dish soap and stir well. Apply the solution to the area with a sponge. Let it dry and vacuum. Throw the solution away after you use it (I usually use the whole cups worth to make sure I get it all). The book I'm checking for ideas says for upholstry you should immediately mix 2 tsp. dish soap and cool water. Froth it up and blot the area well with the foamy lather. Wash off with mixture of 1 part white vinegar to 8 parts water. Make sure you dry the area immediately with a hairdryer set on cool or even a small fan. Of course you should test all of this on a small area to make sure the colors stay. good luck!

Nana

Dear D. D,
YOu will really like this product.
Mk

Nature's Miracle works really well. The key is that you have to SATURATE the area (don't just spray a little on the surface) and then let it dry. It will take awhile but this really will get rid of the smell. We have lots of cats so we have had this problem before. The other post about taking your cat to the vet is right on. If it is a urinary tract infection they can fix that but if not treated soon enough this can become behavioral. Good luck!

Dear D.:

I've used Nature's Miracle and it's the best thing out there. Try to find the orange scented. The orange smell will keep the cat away from the spot and help hide the horrible smell this stuff makes while it works. While it pulls the odor out it makes it smell worse.

The good news is this is the best stuff I've found. The bad news is cat urine is extremely concentrated and sometimes NOTHING works. I have thrown away furniture.

L. F., I have two cats, have had cats most of my life

1 / 3