How to Get Set in Grease Stains Out?!?!?!

Ok, so I noticed that a few shirts that I love to wear on the weekends have small little grease stains from when the grease splattered while I was cooking. My question for moms is: do any of you have any tried & true ways to get them out even after the shirts have been washed & dried a few times. I love a few of these tops & really hate to get rid of them so TIA for all input.

I know it sounds crazy but there is a cleaning product called grease lightning, I have used on my carpet and I LOVE this stuff! I used to use it on my sons clothes when he was a baby and it was wonderful. I know home depot carries it, so you might want to check them out~ I have a group of about 8 or 9 ladies that we go croping with every month.. Where do you live you might want to join us we have such a great time and are always inviting other moms to join us~
My name is S. my e-mail address is ____@____.com
Look forward to hearing from you. Good luck with your stains!!!

PreSpot and Solumel from Melaleuca are fantastic! They have gotten some crazy stains out of my boys' clothes. Plus, they are safer to use than the typical things I used to use from the store. Let me know if you'd like more info!

Hi, M.. I have been pretty successful (even after something has been washed and dried) when using liquid dish soap like Dawn or Palmolive. Does the trick for me. Or even Murphy's Oil Soap (this is good to add directly to your laundry when you have icky stains).

Dawn dish soap. Dab a little on there, let it set, and re-wash. Don't dry it, re wash it until it comes out. I use it on all kinds of oil and grease stains, and they usually come out about 80% of the time.

I bought he new Shout advanced fomula spray and it works great as well as trying some OxiClean. They both should do the trick.

corn starch does the trick, apply directly and let it soak in and then wash

I've gotten set in grease stains out with spray and wash dual power and also with shout stain stick. If you use the shout stain stick, be sure to treat both sides of the stain before washing. Neither of these have worked on every stain, but I have saved a couple of favorite shirts from being thrown out when other stain removers didn't work. Good luck!

I have had really good luck with ERA detergent. Wet the shirt in the area of the stain, put plenty of ERA on it and work it into the grease area and let it soak. The other stain removers mentioned above may also work; I have never tried them.

1 / 3