How to Get Rid of Sour Milk Smell in Baby Bottles

Hi Ladies,
I hand wash our son's baby bottles in soap and hot water and I noticed that the insides smell like sour milk. How can I get rid of this smell? Do I have to buy new bottles?
Thanks,

Baking soda, that's all you need for any type of smell, carpets, diaper pails,laundry it even works great as a fiberglass tub cleaner. I set a box in the laundry room it even helps whiten things.

hi have not used this on baby bottles but do use to get rid of pasta sauce, garlic etc smells from glass jars. I use the coffe grounds from my morning coffee and put them in the jar and top of with warm water and let it sit for a day then just run them through the dishwasher and the smell is gone !

You can soak them in a mixture of vinegar and water or baking soda and water if you don't have a dishwasher. It is also helpful not to let the old milk sit in the bottle. When baby is finished with the bottle, immediately rinse out the bottle. This way the milk residue isn't going to sour in the bottle before you wash it. I hope this is helpful.

If you do not have a dishwasher, you can use denture cleanser.. Follow the directions on the box.

Run them through the dishwasher.

I use a squirt of dish soap and fill with hot water and shake it up and leave it for a few hours.

I had this problem with my daughter's cups. Put them in a large bowl or dish pan (plastic or glass, not metal) with hot water, dish soap and some vinegar--about a cup. Let them soak for a day and then do a regular wash. The smell should go away. This has worked for me and is also great for getting the stale smell out of our water bottles and lunch pails when we had them.

I like to put baking soda and white vinagar in, put the lid on, shake it up and let it sit for a day. Then wash with hot water and dish soap. It works!

Sounds gross, but 1/2 hot water and 1/2 vinegar works great. Vinegar is a natural deodorizer and it cuts through fat (from milk or breastmilk), leaving it clean and smell free!
Just make sure after you let the water/vinegar sit for awhile you scrub it and rinse well with water. :)

1 / 3