How to Get Rid of Scabs on Scalp

sorry, but i have had a couple scabs on my scalp that will not go away! i get dry itchy scalp in the winter and ended up getting scabs on my scalp. they will not go away! i know picking at it doesnt help but they still will not go away. they are getting very annoying. help please!

Thank you all for the responses! i will definitely need to see my doc to make sure it isnt something serious. if not, i have some good ideas for remedies.

Head and Shoulders or other dandruff/medicated shampoo worked well for me. I had what sounds like the same thing, and I kept touching it which didn't help. I used medicated shampoo a couple of times and it cleared it up easily.

I know this might sound weird, but try Listerine at nightime. (Your scalp will be dry by the morning.) My mom did this with my sister, and it worked.

You may have psoriasis. Think it's better to have a Dr. take a look.

I don't want to scare you, but you should immediately go to a dermatologist and have them checked. It is very common to have skin cancer on your scalp - my husband just had some removed from his scalp and it started out as dry itchy spots.

Hopefully it is just a skin condition or at the very worst pre-cancerous spots that can be frozen off. We never protect our heads from the sun and that is why it is so common

Don't want to freak you out but my husband had a long time scab on his head and it was skin cancer. He had it removed no worries of spreading or anything icky like that. It is the most common kind. Get it checked to make sure :-)

You need to see your doctor immediately. Usually sores and scabs don't appear for no reason. My mom has sarcoidosis and a side effect is sores on her scalp. Could also be skin cancer. Please see your doctor.

It might be a cyst. My friend had something like this and the Dr. froze it and it finally went away. See a dermatologist.

If you do have psoriasis, there are some good shampoos out there. My husband has it, and the shampoo has just about ended the problem in his hair. Good Luck!

1 / 3