How to get rid of freezer smell?

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO GET RID OF THE FREEZER SMELL. I KNOW ABOUT THE BAKINGSODA BUT DO I HAVE TO CLEAN IT OUT FIRST AND IF SO WHAT DO I USE AND DO I HAVE TO TURN OFF THE FRIDGE WHILE I CLEAN IT?
ANY SUGGESTIONS. THANKS.

Summary

Some people use bleach and water to clean their freezer, and throw anything out that seems old, and then use baking soda. Also clean the containers that's in the freezer. Just don't overdo the bleach and be sure to wear rubber gloves.

Hi Brenda,

I leave everything on while cleaning out my freezer & fridge. If the smell is really hard to get out, I sometimes use a little bleach in a bucket of water and throw anything out that seems old. I even clean the containers that are in there. Just don't overdo the bleach and be sure to wear rubber gloves.

And replace the baking soda like every couple of months.

Check the pan within the fridge. I was unaware that there was one and it had gotten dirty and things stuck to it. My husband got it out for me and I washed it and now make a point to do it atleast once a month.

Use whatever cleaner you use in your kitchen like 409 or soap and water, I clean my freezer while it is still on so it shouldn't be a problem. Is it a deep freezer or a regular one? Either way kitchen cleaners should work and then do the bakingsoda.

1 / 3