How to get rid of C-section scar?

I had a c section in december and it left the ugliest scar i cant even look at myself without getting grossed out! Does anyone know what i could do to get rid of it.

Summary

People skin type and the way their skin heals after surgery or cuts are different. There are many different products in the market you can try, but the safest way is to consult your doctor.

I have had two c sections and my second scar came out much better than the first. But for the second time around I used a product that lightened it up considerably and I hardly notice it now (and this is not at all trying to sell it to you, just that it really did work for me..) It was Arbonne's NutriminC RE9 body care system. Using the Body Serum and the Body lotion. Good luck,

I Had a scar from my c-section as well, you need to remember that you just "MAJOR SURGERY", and as with any surgery the wound takes time to heal and so does the scar. They do fade it will never go away, but they do fade over time. There is also Mederma that you can use on the scar as well. Congratulations on your baby boy, and you should not be grossed out by your body, you just had a miracle come into the world!

Try using vitamin e break open the Gell cap and put it on the scar. After doing this for a while the other thing that works well is a combination of scar zone cream on the scar and coco butter.
I had a deep staple scar on my spinal cord down the middle of my back it was 10 inches long. it shrank down to 5 inches. but some of the staple marks still show.

I also had a bad burn on the inside of my left calf from a motorcycle pipe. i used vitamin e and then the coco butter and Aloe Vera . that scar is completely gone.
L. m

I had mine a little over 2 years ago and you can barely see it. I am very fair skinned so any type of scar, etc. is VERY noticable. It was dark purple for along time, I thought it would never go away, but eventually I saw less and less of it and now most days I don't even notice it. It's only been 6 months and although 6 months with that scar seems like forever, it will get better ;)
As far as any type of medication, I haven't used any. I would guess around a year and a half is when it started to not be noticable, if you can wait that long.

Hi S. you just had your c.section be patient and is going to get better with time .people skin type and the way their skin heals afther surgery or cuts are different.however you can use kelo-cote which is a scar gel recommended by most plastic surgeons.it reduces redness and prevents excessive/abnormal scar formation.good luck,hope you feel better about your scar soon.

I'm very interested in the responses you get b/c I had mine in July '07 and the scar is still very red and big. I have tried Mederma and it didn't really do anything for my scar, but I guess everyone's skin type is different. I am very fair skinned and it didn't seem to work at all for me.

Mederma. It's really expensive but it does help to soften the scar and lighten it. My incision tugged in the center so it bulged out and looked horrid, so my doctor suggested the Mederma. I'm only 10 weeks past the surgery and it is already making it look better. Good luck.

I would be patient with the scar. I have three c-section kids and an ovumectomy scar as well, 3 out of 4 of them healed very nicely (almost gone unless you were really looking for it. I think it took about 2.5 years for them to get to this point. Also, my ovumectomy scar was the bad one. it was crooked, long, and thick. When my son was delivered the Dr. cut out the ugly scar and readjusted my skin (I guess kinda of the same as a tummy tuck, but on a way smaller scale). I would just wait awhile before getting too concerned, do use the Vitamin E and A though. These are both very good for our skin.

1 / 3