How to Get Permanent Marker Out of Microfiber Couch?

I didn't realize my son was playing with a permanent marker until it was too late! There are a few marks on our new microfiber couch... There had been ink on it and I used Windex to get it out, but the marker is not coming out! Any suggestions?

Oreck's carpet cleaner gets permanent marker out of carpets, might work for a couch too (?). It's about $30 a bottle, but it is the most amazing carpet cleaner I've ever used. Good luck!

I read on-line that Rave hairspray or Goop can help to get it out. You may have to go through a few rounds until it's completely gone.

I am not sure if this would work on microfiber but it worked great on painted things and flooring. I used lemon essential oil. It dissolves the permanent marker after some firm scrubbing.

The only thing I know that will take out marker is Tough and Tender and Sol-u-mel, both sold by Melaleuca. I can help you get this if you'd like. It works. It took marker and oil paint out of my carpet just today.

A.
www.ACLiveLifeWell.com

They said and showed us when we bought our microfiber couch that Rubbing Alcohol will get the stains (even permanent marker out), they showed us and we bought the couch. I have used rubbing alcohol on many things and so have my friends. It got all of the stains right out. Good luck!
~~D.

I would call the phone number for the manufacturer of the microfiber couch and ask them or look it up on their website. I do have a microfiber couch also and it has been my experience that not all types of cleaning solutions can be used on it.

Best of luck,

I always use baby wipes. They scrub everything out! Ink, make-up, etc. I am not sure about permanent marker but worth a try!

I don't know if it was a fluke or not, but Mr. Clean Magic Eraser worked on my couch once with a marks-a-lot.

1 / 3