How to Get Oil Out of the Couch?

I spilled an entire jar of scented oil in the living room - one of those reed difusers. The oil is everywhere but my main concern is the couch because it has stained. This happened yesterday. Any suggestions on how to get that out?

I did the same thing awhile back and I'm almost positive that I used either baby powder or cornstarch. I'm really thinking baby powder. It did the job and let me tell you it was all over. Just let it soak in and then vacumme it up. Hope that helps!!

I would suggest lightly spraying with a degreaser and blotting it up. maybe even try Dawn dish detergent with it. Prob wheatever you use whether it works or not can't do any more damage than what's done. Good luck!!!!

I've heard that baby powder soaks up oil.

Vinegar! Blot up the excess oil with a cloth, paper napkin or paper bag and then pour vinegar on it and blot. Vinegar is great for ring around the collar - pour vinegar on the collar, then use your regular spot stain remover. I also use vinegar for white or light shirts arm pit stains. Mix it with water to clean your windows/mirrors and put it in a spray bottle to deodorize areas. Throw a cut in with your wash - especially with sheets - helps remove the body oil.

I have 2 remedies for that....Dawn dishwashing liquid (cuts the grease, just ike the commecial says) - just pour some of the soap on a damp rag and rub it, then wipe with a clean cloth. Or you can use Ivory soap. Take a bar of the soap, wet it and rub it directly on the grease. Both of those always work for getting oil/grease stains of clothes and firniture.

Hope that helps!

You can try some white vinegar.

Try the cornstarch/baby powder first (you can even use flour) to blot up as much as possible, vacuum it off, then use the Dawn. This has worked for me. You could try the paper bag thing someone mentioned, too. The idea is just to blot up as much as possible before washing.

I would take brown paper grocery bags and put them wherever there is oil. If possible weight them with an item that won't matter if it gets a little oil on it. Replace these as necessary until they are no longer absorbing excess oil. Then use Dawn dishwashing detergent as it breaks up oils, check on a hidden place for colorfastness.

Oh congrats and good luck on having kids that close together, it will be a blessing and a challenge.

I would try a solution of one part vinegar to 4 parts water, and see if it can break up the oil any. Then steam clean or shampoo it. Grease and oil and really tough. Good luck.

I have a suggestion. Try this cleaning soultion called sol-u-mel it's gets out anything. for more info on where to find this you can contact me at ____@____.com

1 / 3