"How to Get Melted Lip Balm Out of Clothing"

I've tried Shout,Whisk, and other cleaners but nothing so far seems to get these greasy spots out. I've also tried just hand-washing in the sink, without much luck and some of the clothes have a lot of spots. I'd hate to just toss them. Thanks for any advise for what has worked for you!

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the fantastic advise, now I have several more options to try. Hope you have a Happy New Year!

~ Elise

Dawn dish soap is what I have used for years to get 'spots' off my kids, all 6 of them, clothes. Any degreaser dish soap would probably work, but I have only used Dawn. Ink stains will come off with hairspray as well. HOpe this works for you.

Try using Carbona Stain Devils. They are very little yellow bottles that you can find in the laundry section. They make about 10 different ones. There is one for greasy stains, wines, ink and many more. If that doesn't work try Oxy clean, that has taken out stains that I never thought would come out. Soak the stain in Oxy clean and very hot water and then wash. Hope this helps!

Try getting it out like I get candle wax, it might work. What you do is, place a brown paper bag on either side of the area and iron. The oil should be absorbed into the paper bag. It worked really good on a big wax spill I had on a favorite pair of jeans. Good Luck

Saddle soap. It is great for getting lip balm and lipstick out. You rub it on full strength let it sit for half an hour or an hour and then run it through the wash on hot. It is the best thing I have found to get rid of it. (Trust me as a teen I left my lipsticks in my pocket so ofter, it was ugly!)

I use a product from Young Living Essential Oils, it's called "Thieves" household cleaner. I am a massage therapist and use it to remove the oils from my linens. It works really well and is totally "green". You can go to their website www.youngliving.com and check them out. It is somewhat expensive, but very concentrated, so a little goes a long way. Let me know if you have trouble finding it.

Trying ironing the spots between paper towels, if this doesn't work try a hand degreaser like mechanics use. I've had that and similar problems. You don't want a whole pocket of crayons going trough the wash!

It's a grease or oil based stain. Try Orange Clean or Desolve-it on the stains. Orange clean works really well, but put it on the stain, don't pour it into the washer. It also will take out motor oil off jeans!!! Best of luck!!!

You need to get out the wax.
Put a piece of paper (paper bag works well) over the spot on the clothing, and then run an iron over it. This will melt the wax which will then be absorbed by the paper.

Have you tried regular dawn dish soap? This worked for me when my daughter accidentaly left her chapstik in her pocket and it went through the dryer !! I rubbed it in let it sit then washed in extra hot water.

1 / 3