How to Get Fingernail Polish off of Skin...

Does anyone know what I can use to safely remove children's fingernail polish off of my 5 year olds skin? Last night she painted both legs from her knees right down to her toes! By the time I saw it, it was already dried! I have tried fingernail polish remover and it didn't work, also worried about the harshness of it on her skin. I have also tried letting her soak in the tub and then using a bath sponge to "scrub" it off. No luck there either. Has anyone else ever had this problem and if so, what did you do?
Thanks Moms,

try olive oil. it works for removing ink pen off skin.

AHH! My eldest did the same thing when she was two- only it was her face & hands she covered in hot pink polish. Non-Acetone remover worked, and yes, it can be harsh, and yes, it's not fun to slather your child in, but it does get it off!

Mine followed up her performance a week or two later by doing the same thing with LIQUID PAPER!!!! Hopefully, yours won't seek an encore!

I would just leave it. It will eventually come off after every bath. You could just let her soak and then gently scrape it off.

Non-acetone polish remover should be gentle enough to not harm her. I see you said you tried that, so I'm not sure why it didn't work...

hi hi hi
You recieve "the funniest story of the day" award from me!

good luck, I agree with the advice of the other two lady's

I.

1 / 3