How to Get Desitin Out of Fabric

Anyone know how to get Desitin out of fabric? My son got some on his comforter and I can't get it out no matter what I try to do!

Thanks!!!

Thank you! I don't know why I didn't think of calling the company directly - duh! I talked with J & J and they said that unfortunately they don't have any products they recommend to get it out of fabric or hair (!!). They suggest repeated washings with warm or hot water and soap. BUT they did say that if I need to get something professionally cleaned due to their product staining it, they will most likely compensate me for the expense. I thought that was a nice offer since I didn't even ask about that. Oh well. I'll try the Dawn and will keep washing.

You will have to dry clean it. Multiple washings will not work.

All purpose spray from Charlie's Soap. You can buy it from the Charlie's Soap website, but I buy it from amazon.

I know that some people use regular Dawn on their cloth diapers to get Desitin out. It's really good at cutting the grease. I'd try that.

I'd contact Johnson and Johnson directly and ask them via their customer service line (http://www.desitin.com/contact-us)

I'm sure this is a question they field MANY times a day based upon the different formulations available. original Desitin is my favorite, but it's really hard to remove from fabric, and I'm sure depending on the type of material used, they'll have different recommendations to remove it.

You could try soaking in OxiClean overnight. Also I agree with the person who said to try dawn dish soap for grease fighting.

I use some great natural prodcuts that work wonders. Their stain removers get rasberry stains out of carpets, so it may work on Desitin. www.livetotalwellness.com/joycita Good luck!

1 / 3