How to Get Apple Stain Out of Baby's Shirt

I let my 8 month old nibble on an apple slice w/o a bib and the juice got on her shirt and turned brownish red. I've tried Shout, pre-soaking and washing the shirt in the washer and pre-soaking the shirt in detergent in the sink and it's not coming out. It's an adorable shirt I don't want to throw away, any ideas on how to get this particular stain out? Thanks so much!

Thanks to all you moms for the great advice! I tried Oxyclean and it worked perfectly! I will however, also buy some fels-naptha soap and a large bottle of peroxide for my arsenal against stains.

I use Oxy-Clean, let it set in a bucket over night and stir occasionally. It takes out grape juice that sat up and grass stains so it should work on apples too. If all else fails you could dye the shirt a new color and let her wear it till she outgrows it.

Use Fles-Naptha soap. It is available at the HyVee on Barry Road for sure. I am sure other places carry it as well. You can order it on line as well. Just google it and the site will come up. It comes in a bar. You just hand wash the shirt with it, the stain should come right out. Launder as you normally would after that. I use this soap for everything!! It has been a life saver with my 6 and 3 year old. It even took red popsicle out of my sons white shirt and water melon stains out of my daughters shorts. It even takes out mud and grass stains with literally no effort. It is cheap and cost effective. HyVee sells it for $ .97 a bar and online it is $1.50 plus shipping. I hope you will give this a try and good luck! Thanks E.

I had this same problem. However, my daughters shirt was white. I tried everything under the sun (but not oxyclean) and nothing worked but bleach. I tried for over a week to get it out so I didn't have to use bleach. Nothing worked...until I used the bleach. This will not work if the shirt has color to it, but if the area is white you could use a bleach pen around it so it doesn't bleach out the other colors in the shirt.

Oxyclean works great on food stains. We just get the regular powder stuff and I add it to most of the loads that have kids clothes along with the regular detergent. On tougher stains, you might want to soak for a little while but has always worked for us.

maybe lemon juice or peroxide? lemon juice will bleach, so put it on and then lay it in direct sunlight. peroxide gets out blood, which is the same color, so maybe? good luck!

I haven't seen a stain that wouldn't come out yet using Shaklee Green Fresh Laundry Concentrate and Nature Bright Laundry Booster & Stain Remover. You would soak it using the Nature Bright and a very small amount of Fresh Laundry ( made of corn and cocoanut). Your stain problems are just beginning and these 2 products will be your best friend. And they are guaranteed to work. Just give me a call at ###-###-#### and I will give you all the details.

Oxi-Clean baby laundry spray works wonders. I know Babies-r-us sells it. Good luck!

Hopefully you haven't dried it in the dryer...if you have then the stain is set and won't come out. If you haven't, try Oxyclean stain remover and let it soak in for a day and then respray it right before you wash it. That works great with my girls who are tweens now and still can't seem to eat without getting something on their shirt, I guess they inherited that from their dad ;o) Good luck and God Bless.

1 / 3