How to Get a Mustard Stain Out of a Shirt

I used spray and wash on my daughter shirt which had mustard all over it. I accidentally put it in the drier with all her other clothes (bad idea, I know). Since then I have washed it again using Spray and wash (have not dried it again). The stain has gotten better, but I want it all gone. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get rid of this stain for good?

Oxy Clean Spot remover
Be prepared to fall in love
I suggest the large bucket
Woman's best friend

Hey T.! I'm pretty fortunate w/ stains but I think it's b/c I take my "problem" ones to the "Queen of Clean", Linda Cobb (published author). She says apply glycerin (which can be found in the hand cream section) with paper towels using a lifting motion, allow to sit for 30-60 minutes. Pretreat & launder as usual. If the stain is not gone don't dry :) **If the fabric is white or colorfast soak in peroxide or a denture cleaning tablet for at least 30 minute, Then pretreat & launder. Good Luck :):)

Old fashioned remedy passed down from my grandmother...a bar of Ivory soap and cold water. Wet the stained area and rub the bar of soap through the fabric - then rinse and wash. This has always worked for many different "spills", including blood!
Don't know if this will work on a shirt that has already been through the dryer, but it's worth a try.

dear T.,
dye the shirt yellow ;)

Soak it in oxy clean overnight and than use more oxy clean to work out the stain, wash again.

My old stand-by is liquid electric dish wash detergent. It seldom fails me.

IS the shirt white? If so, use diluted clorox/water on the stain with a tooth brush.

I once got carrot (baby food) stains out of one of my kid's outfits which also had gone through the dryer. I used Era brand detergent and it came out. I've been hooked ever since. I don't know if it will work for mustard but I guess it's worth a try! The spray stain removers never performed for me as well as Era. I still use it to this day.

I've had some sucess with are "Incredible" which I bought at Bed Bath & Beyond. Another trick to try is hairspray.

1 / 3