How to Get 1 Yr Old to Drink Milk from Sippy Cup

I am looking for some ideas on how to get my 1 yr old to drink milk from a sippy cup. She will drink water or juice out of a cup/sippy cup without any hesitations but if I hand her milk, forget it. She will only drink milk from a bottle. I did breast feed but had to pump and bottle feed for most of it after she refused my breast at 7 wks old. She is very attached to her bottle. I have tried multiple brands of sippy cups but nothing seems to work. I did not have this issue with my first daughter, she took to a cup and sippy cup with no problems at all. Thank you for any suggestions...

Thank you to all the moms who responded to my request. I appreciate all the advice and have decided that my daughter's strong will is going to force me to take all the bottles away at some point. I am just not sure when...
Thanks again for the help

I don't get it S.. The bottle must be comforting to her - she equates milk and a nipple with comfort. Don't you want her to be comforted? She's only one year old.

It may be time to make the bottle go bye-bye. Both of my boys had the same bottle attachment and wouldn't drink milk out of a cup. After the bottles disappeared, they figured milk out of a sippy was better than no milk at all and slowly started to give in. It might take a while, but it'll work.

S.- my son just turned one two weeks ago, and is the same way. He drinks water and juice from a sippy just great, but wouldn't do milk. Two things that I've tried are watering down the milk a bit, and warming it to room temperature. My thoughts were that maybe the milk was thicker than what he's used to and that threw him off, and also when he gets milk in his bottle it's not cold. He's doing better, but still not loving it.

If your daughter knows how to drink from a regular cup, you could just give her milk during meals at the high chair in a regular cup My son gets 3 cups of milk a day, or about 24 ounces (whole milk) and I simply give it to him with his meals. That's definitely enough milk for a one-year-old to be drinking, and then your problem is solved. Contrary to popular belief, your daughter does not have to have milk right before bed. Instead, give her a cup of milk with supper, then fill a sippy cup with water for any later-evening thirst! This also will help reduce cavities in the future! Hope this helps.
A.

1 / 3