How to Fix Burn Holes in a Carpet?

Hi Ladies! Do you know how to fix burn holes in a carpet? I have some extra carpet from when ours was laid and I need to fix a few spots - I accidentally pushed a log out the other side of our fireplace and it rolled right onto our carpet! While it was on fire!!! So, anyway, if you know how to fix it, I'd love to try before resorting to ripping it up and replacing it.

I used to have that problem, my ex sucked at tending a fire but at the same time felt compelled to mess with the fire. :( If they are small what I did was take a pair of sewing scissors and just cut out the burnt strands. At least with the damage I had you could not tell it had ever been burnt.

When we replaced the carpet and I laid tile in the kitchen I used some of the tile to create a three ft surround around the hearth of the fire place. Believe it or not he managed to roll a log past that. Can't for the life of me remember why I divorced such a brilliant man. :p

It is possible for a professional to patch a hole with another piece of same carpet, but I think the patch needs to be 1' x 1'. You could also cut out a larger area in front of the fireplace and put down tile, then just tuck the carpet under the tile edge (again, a professional job).

You can have it patched. They cut out squares that are damaged and fix it with your remnants. It's not terribly expensive. We had to patch a rather large area that got damaged. I am certain it was less than $50 to repair. Many carpet cleaning companies will do patch work for you.

Or, you can patch it yourself. Lots of tutorials online on how to do it. Basically you just cut out a square of carpet with a good exacto type knife and can glue the remnant in it's place.

A great place for a piece of furniture or a rug, or for a pet to lay down on. :)

I, too, had extra carpet and I had my carpet guy do it. I couldn't tell it was patched!

Carpet is VERY expensive -- I would highly recommend having a professional repair your carpet. It is not easy to patch carpet - especially if it is in a high traffic area or very prominent area. Our company, Cornerstone Chem-Dry, offers carpet repairs and stretching. We have been repairing carpets for 17 years and have great experience with these sorts of repairs. All of our repair technicians go through specialized training and we are great at what we do! I imagine you would be in the minimum one hour charge for this -- about $125. We would be happy to come give you an onsite estimate as well! Please feel free to email me at ____@____.com or call my office at ###-###-#### and one of my CSR's can help you! Good luck!
E. Herman
Cornerstone Chem-Dry
###-###-####
www.co2cleaners.com

1 / 3