How to cook and best cocktail weenies recipes?

My daughter has been asking me to make cocktail weenies forever now. I'm not a big fan of them but I told her that I would. What do any of you cook them in (as far as sauce). I think that I have usually had them in BBQ sauce. Do you make your own?

I tried to look up a recipe but don't know exactly what they are called.

Summary

People have different recipes, look at the article for all recommendations.

Thanks for all your wonderful responses...I chose the BBQ sauce but I recall having the chili sauce and grape jelly ones before and liked them so maybe next time I will do them that way. I am doctoring up my BBQ sauce with some spices however. Thanks again. I am also bringing them to a gathering tonight. Hope they like them also.

My kids like sweet and sour weenies better than bbq weenies.

Take one can of cherry pie filling, one can of crushed pineapple (do not drain!) and a little bit of brown sugar.. maybe a teaspoon or two full. mix them together in the crock pot in the morning and let it simmer on low all day and they are perfect by dinner time.

It has alot more flavor and personally I agree with my kids that its better.

Okay, this might sound a little weird, but they taste awesome! I usually use 1 package of the weenies, 1 jar of chili sauce and 2-3 spoonfuls of jelly. Just toss them in the crock pot with chili sauce and grape jelly. My dad has been making them this way since I was little and I loved them and now my daughter, husband and his family love them this way! Trust me, they taste great! K.

My mom actually served those at my wedding (I am a vegetarian so i was not impressed). Everyone loved them though and now they are a favorite holiday treat in my husband's family. They just serve them in any barbecue sauce they have. Super easy! My son was obsessed with those (minus sauce) when he was a toddler. He thought they were baby hotdogs.

I either just do bbq sauce, or sometimes add a little ketchup, mustard, and honey to the sauce. Really depends on what your dd likes. You can cook them in any sauce she likes.

I always do a mixture of equal amounts of ketchup and grape jelly. It sounds gross, but tastes wonderful. I bring them a lot to potlucks and they are always gone.

Red Currant Jelly...just red current jelly. It's the ONLY way to go! Nothing else besides the cocktail weiners.

I have always had them in the crock pot with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. It's quick and easy not to mention very tasty.

We always make this around the holidays.

Our family recipe is: 1 jar of chili sauce & 1 Jar of currant jelly (Smuckers sm. jar) if currant jelly can not be found concord grape jelly can be used

It is more of a sweet and sour then a BBQ flavoring.
Hope you find one that works for you.

1 / 3