How to Clean Walls

I have three little rascals and rent a 3 bedroom apt. I try my best to keep their little hands clean but I am starting to see little fingerprints on the walls. Since I rent, does anyone know if I clean the walls? and What do I clean the walls with? or Do I have to notify the landlord?

For little marks, there is a grocery-store product called the Magic Eraser by Mr.Clean. It's like a sponge and it works quite well. I've heard some press that it is made of a material dangerous to children, but I use it when they're not around and have no problems. Much better than trying to wash walls with water, which leaves streaks.

Mr clean magic eraser works great.The walmart generic kind also works great and will save you money.

I rent also. I clean the walls myself with the clorox or lysol wipes

Magic Eraser.. Works Great on walls. I carry it around all day.

I use those magic erasers on EVERYTHING. Walls, counter tops, floors (tile or laminant), refrigerators, stoves, dish washers, etc...
You cannot rub too hard though or it takes the finish off of the counter tops. If it's flat paint, it works real well, but if it's semi-gloss, it takes the gloss off.
Good Luck!!

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!!!! Walmart has generic ones, but I don't know how well they work.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Once you try this, you will want to buy it by the case!

Edited to add: For those that think the Magic Eraser is toxic or whatever, please check out this link:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/eraser.asp

Basically, any cleaning product needs to be kept away from children. But this is no more hazardous than anything else.

The apartment must be left in the same condition you originally rented it in. It's difficult, Im sure, to keep up with fingerprints from 3 little ones. Warm soapy water and a soft cloth for you and one for them. Reward them when they finish. Don't expect them to do as good as you, they're only children. Get a plastic shower liner (1 buck) and put it on your kitchen table. Let them color or fingerpaint or anything else messy there. When they're done have them help clean up, the table and theirselves then give them a treat for helping mommy. Wipe your plastic and put away so they learn where they can do those activities and when. You only need notify the landlord when damage has occured.
J. H

Hi Laura.

As other people have mentioned, the apartment needs to be returned in the same shape, but you are allowed "normal wear and tear." I would think hand prints would be covered under this. I am a landlord and I know when I rent to someone with children that there will be hand prints (and even an inevitable crayon mark!) The longer we have a tenant, the more "wear and tear" is to be anticipated. I wouldn't say anything to the landlord about cleaning; you are entitled to clean.

1 / 3