How to Clean Stroller...

Hi again! I'm just full of questions lately!! I am so appreciative of the awesome responses I have gotten regarding my last question that I thought I'd throw another one out there. I am just need some suggestions on how to clean a McClaren stroller. We have a double umbrella stroller that is light blue in color. The edges of the canopy and other edges are filthy from putting it in and out of the van and brushing up against things. It is embarrassing for me to take out!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks again!

Hi C.---

We too have a McClaren stroller. We are able to take the fabric part off and wash it on a gentle cycle in the washer. For the umbrella part, I just take a damp cloth with a little dawn and then used another wet paper towel to wipe off the excess if I put to much on it.
It seems to work very well. Hope this helps you.

Hi C....I also agree with the other moms about waiting till either spring or bringing it in your house if you need it now for like the stores or mall etc. I never had to much luck with oxy clean. But did have luck with like fabric spray cleaner or like couch/chair cleaner and a tooth brush or a small brush of any kind. If you are going to do it inside after you use the brush use a wet warm rag to wash the cleaner off and then use a blow dryer to help dry it some. It wont dry it all the way but will give it a good start. Good luck to you!!

My advice is similar to Diane's. They sell an Oxy liquid spray stain remover in a bottle (by the laundry soap) that is a bit less hard on the hands, but spray, rub in, let set and then blot off with a damp cloth. Good luck!

I would wait until it is warmer out, and just wash it on the patio with some laundry soap and warm water. Suds it up good, and rinse it off with the hose. Then leave it sit out to dry. I did it this summer with our fold up fabric chairs, it worked great, and they came out super clean.

If you can't take it apart, use a toothbrush or small brush and soapy water to clean it. Rinse it thoroughly. You can stich some velcro on the inside and outside of these parts. cut a piece of washable fabric and stitch the other part to the velcro to it (matching it to the ones stitched to the stroller section. Then you can remove it, wash it and replace it. If you are close by or contact me, I might be able to help if I can.

If you cannot take the cloth parts off, try using Oxy Clean. Mix the powder with warm water and use a clean rag to scrub the material clean. If you have sensitive skin, wear gloves. I do this to clean my kitchen chairs. A good scrub and then a rinse with another rag takes care of it and usually if I catch it fast enough, makes it look new again.
Just want to add that before you clean the whole stroller, do a spot test of washing, rinsing and drying somewhere under view so you can make sure the color does not change.

1 / 3