How to Clean/steralize Bath Toys

Hello everyone!
I was just curious about what other mommies do to clean their babies bath toys? I get anxious about using bleach? If that's what do to, how much? I have been just cleaning them with soap and water, but he has ALOT of bath toys:)
Any advice would be helpful.

Well I used the dishwasher and they are sparkly clean!! Beats putting them under the sink and getting new ones:) Now he has LOTS of very clean toys! Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions. Happy New Year!

I use the dishwasher. There is no bleach involved and the heat from the dishwasher staralizes them.

T. C

My kids are older now but I use to put their bath toys in a netted bag and throw them in the dishwasher.

ALoha,

Okay here's the deal I understand that hospitals reccommend bleach; however, when you use bleach in your bathroom where moisture is trapped under the tub, flooring and in the walls it turns into TOXIC MOLD! I use vinegar based cleaners which are now available almost anywhere. You can also, if you have one, put the toys in the dishwasher on the top rack, which works well for all plastic toys.
I hope that my input helps you.

Bleach is the only thing hospitals recommend because it kills EVERYTHING. Clorox makes those wipes, theyare safe and effective. If you want to use a bleach solution, onepart bleach 10 parts water is safe, effective and healthy for the kids!!!

Good luck!!

I put all of my kids toys in the dish washer.

Hello...
As for cleaning the toys I dont blame you for now wants to use liquid bleach....Soap and water would work but why not use like dawn dish soap that has the bleach alternative in it...Since you have alot do them in small groups or just put them all in the tub at the same time us as hot water as you can take it and the dawn with bleach....the best part is you can drain is and let them dry in the tub...Let me know what ya do...

Soap and warm water is fine, be sure to rinse well. Please do not use bleach, it's so bad for everyone. Personally, I don't use any toxic products in my home (like the ones sold in grocery stores). I use wonderful non-toxic products that are much better and certainly give me peace of mind.

run them through the dishwasher. Mine has a sterilize cycle, but really any cycle will work as long as its hot water. I just gather up a bunch of toys teethers, anything really. You can do the hairbrushes at the same time too. Happy cleaning! ~V.

I wouldnt use bleach.. Cleaning with antibacterial soap and towel drying should be fine

I toss ALL of my sons toys in the washing machine with a load of clothes...sometimes in a tied pillowcase, other times; just toss 'em in!

I figure if they don't work/are broken...he has PLENTY to pick up the slack! :) But, to be honest, I have yet to have a problem with any of them...even the ones that say "don't wash".

1 / 3