How to Clean Dog Blanket?

Good morning all. Just curious if you could enlighten me as to how you clean your dogs blankets w/out gobs of hair sticking to the washer/dryer? Is there something you put in the machines to get the dog hair to come out so it won't get on your clothes during the next load? Thanks for any help!

We have 3 dogs, 2 Cockers and a toy Poodle. They all have short haircuts. I have a heavy duty front load Maytag washer and Maytag dryer. I wash them in hot water and have had no problem with hair in the washer. As for the dryer, I dry on hot. My filter is pretty loaded at the end of the cycle but I do not have any problems with leftover hair after I clean that out.

Maybe a damp towel in the dryer afterwards would help. Also, I keep "dog towels" on hand and they get washed separately so maybe you could wash those after the blankets to get any leftover out for you.

Best wishes to you and your little one. Enjoy it, they grow up TOO fast and yes, they will still surprise you even at 12!!

I just wash them. All of the dog hair gets caught in the lint trap in the dryer. Never had a problem.

Our dog was pretty hairy. I used to take the dog blankets and dog bedding to a laundromat. It was much easier.

I have this yellow sponge thing that picks up dog hair that I got at Bed Bath & Beyond I think. After I wash our dogs blankets, I use it to wipe the inside of the washer bin. It grabs the majority of the hair and the rest gets caught in the dryer filter.

Those industrial machines at the laundr-O-mat are great for this.

I just wash them in my washer and dry in dryer like someone else said. The hair gets caught in the lint trap and there's no problem.

When I used an old comforter for them, I used to take it to a laundromat about once a month because it was so oversized.

Also, if you'll put some vinegar in the wash water, that will help remove the odor.

1 / 3