How to Clean a Micro Suede Couch

My husband and I purchased a mirco suede couch in July and it is in need of cleaning. When we purchased it we also purchased the matinence plan, but all they do is send you an 8oz bottle of cleaner to spot clean. The cleaner does not work and we have more than a spot! Any suggestions on how to clean it would be awesome.

I used resolve it and water with a towel and I softly rubbed. My couch though is navy blue but my tan one I had I cleaned it the same way. The kit never worked for me and I have two kids. Resolve it took the pen off my tan one so give it a try

Gosh, I can get pretty much anything (and I really mean anything) out of my microfiber couch by scrubbing the spot/stain with a wet paper towel. The only time I had to use something else was when my then 3 year old wrote on it with a blue ballpoint pen. I had to use dish detergent and water for that - I scrubbed it with a wet soapy paper towel, then again with just a wet one and it came right out. That was the whole point of getting the microfiber to begin with...it doesn't stain. I've had mine for almost 4 years now and with regular spot cleaning when needed, it pretty much looks brand new!

18 answers, page 1 of 3

Hi we bought a sectional that is that type of couch and when we bought it, it came with some special cleaner for it. It wasn't just a little of it either. We bought it from Mor. I bet they may be able to sell you a kit. It is totally worth the money cause it makes the couches look new! And it actually lasts a long time cause there is so much! Good Luck!

We too have a micro suede couch - is it the "Durapella" Fabric??? if so you can just take the covers off of the cushions and put them in the washing machine on delicate setting cold with mild laundry detergent and air dry.

Hope it helps - if it is not Durapella - I am not sure what to do.

I use Oxi Clean's laundry stain remover on our micro suede couch. There are instructions on the back on how to clean couches. It is fairly easy to do and removes really old set-in stains. I clean it with the Oxi Clean a few times a month and then about every other month I throw the cushion covers in the washer on the gentle cycle and let them air dry.

Well keep in mind that any fabric needs to be tested for color fastness. If it doesn't fade or bleed then try a little bit of oxy clean. If that doesn't work go no the Queen of Clean's website she has all sorts of answers.

When I just have to remove a quick stain I use a tooth brush and bar of soap and the stains come right out. then I just towel dry. (thisis how were were instructed to clean our micro-suede couches) Then every couple of months I clean them with the steam vac. (ourcovers don't come off so easily) good luck

Contact some of your local furniture upholestry cleaning places. A lot won't do microsuede, but there are some that do. It is more expensive then normal cleaning though. I have a microsuede too and mine came with a cleaning warranty. I don't think it was extra so you may want to contact the place you purchased the sofa from. If it gets dirty they will send someone out to clean it for you and fix any little tears or things like that.

We recently purchased a micro suede couch as well. and since I have five active children, we have had just about everything smeared all over it (from bananas to grease to potty accidents). I have been using straight vinegar and it has been fabulous! It might smell for a while, but it also acts as a disinfectant and deoderant. Good luck!

I recently had mine cleaned by the company who cleans my carpets. It was a few years old and dirty, but now it looks new again. They can just put their steam cleaner right on the sofa, including the backs and arms too.

1 / 3