How to Clean a Boppy Pillow

Has anyone ever washed a boppy in either their own or a commercial washing machine? Since the cover is stiched on, I can't take it off to wash it, and I just feel like it really needs a wash.

When my daughter was a baby I washed and dried my boppy all the time Nothing happened to it

I've washed my boppy, but after the second time, it got a little out of shape so I bought a cover for it and continued to fluff it up until its shape was restored.

I washed my boppy quite a few times while I was nursing...it was a normal top loading dishwasher. (Actually a smaller one than normal b/c we were in an apartment.) I also would suggest spending a the $15 or so to get a boppy cover if you can...that way you can wash that more frequently. My boppy always seemed to do fine washing and then drying it...I had no problems with it falling apart or anything, but I hated being without it during the process. Good Luck!

Honestly, I would just throw it in there and let it air dry. But, I use a cover for mine, so, just like a pillow case, I just take it off and wash it. They have pretty cute ones too, I got mine at Target. Good Luck!!

I've washed mine in the washer several times. I always used it to help support my babes while breast feeding so the whole pillow would need to be washed and not just the cover.

I copied this From Target's Boppy Pillow information:

• Indispensable to new moms and infants, the Boppy pillow supports baby as you nurse and also as your little one rests, plays and learns to sit up
• The pillow shell is a cottony soft fabric wrapped around polyester fill
• Boppy Bare Naked is the famous Boppy pillow in solid white
• Choose from a colorful array of slipcovers, sold separately, to help protect your Boppy Bare Naked pillow
• Machine wash
• White

See, it says it's machine washable. The comment just above washable says you can buy slip covers too!

Here is a great site, just for you (wink):

http://www.boppy.com/about/faq

How do I clean my Boppy® pillow?

Most Boppy products are machine washable and dryable. Wash your Boppy pillow in cold water on the delicate cycle by itself. Dry your Boppy pillow on low heat. We also recommend throwing a sneaker or tennis ball (wrapped in a pillow case) in the dryer to help the Boppy pillow keep its shape.

There is a lot more Boppy info on the link as well.

Happy Holidays,

1 / 3