How Soon Did You Get Your Period After Giving Birth?

Just wondering when I should expect to have my period after giving birth. My daughter is 3 weeks old and today I havent been feeling too good. I am having cramps along with a headache and no appetite which is pretty much how I feel when I am about to get my period. This is my second child but I can't remember when I got it with my first. Has anyone got their period this soon after giving birth? I am not breastfeeding and stopped bleeding maybe a week ago.

I got my period after 18 months. BREASTFEEDING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember: every pregnancy, every delivery, every recovery, every baby, every mama is different. What happens with me might not happen with you. What happened with you last time may never happen again even if you have 30 more kids!

With all 3 of my children (who were all breastfed) I got my period exactly 28 days postpartum. Prior to getting my period I bled for exactly 28 days. Really unfair right! I continued to get my period every 28 days thereafter, while breastfeeding the entire time. EVERY woman is different though and you can't determine what your body will do based on others experiences. But, yes you could get your period this early. Sorry!

Within 6 months, and I exclusively breastfed both my kids.
Every woman and each pregnancy is different.

And by the way, a woman can get pregnant while breastfeeding...

Also though, you just had a baby... and the woman's body goes through a lot of changes as it goes back to 'normalcy.' The uterus shrinks, the hormones changes etc.

maybe ask your OB/GYN?

15 months, but I nursed for 14.5 months.

5.5 months, with both kids, and they were still pretty much exclusively breasfed at that point, just beginning to explore solids.

Congrats on your baby!

I got my period right after (aka the next month). "Irish Twins" (along with real twins) are VERY common in my family, because most of the women become almost instantly fertile after birth. This isn't the norm for most women, but it's not abnormal either. Or one wouldn't find families with children spaced 9mo - 1 year apart.

Breastfeeding will often delay the return of fertility, but I was exclusively breastfeeding for 9+ months, as did most of the women in my fam. But even for those whose periods would delay from breastfeeding will often start "sooner" if they're not nursing.

everyone is so different! Which makes almost anything normal lol

I had mine within a couple months after I gave birth and I NURSED all 3 of our kids!!!

with my last child, who is 4 now, I remember the best. I bleed for two weeks after he was born. It was about 3 weeks after I stopped bleeding I started my period. I really thought I might not because I was nursing, with my other two I didn't for a couple months after I had them. However, I tied my tubes and I think that's why I still had my period. I was so upset too, I really thought I might go awhile without having one...

1 / 3