How Soon Could You Tell??

I'm asking other moms of more than one child out there, how soon could you tell that you were pregnant with your second (or third) child?? And was it any different than the first time??

I'm going through a rough patch right now, because my husband-to-be is in AZ at the moment working. I went to visit him two weeks ago now and he and I are trying for a second child. (I know hard to do long distance but still hey, what can you do but make do with what you've got?) Well about two days after we got home (myself and my daughter) I started feeling tired all the time and sick and I'm just plain moody with everybody, snapping for no reason, crying at the drop of a hat, and I don't wanna get my hopes up but my instincts are telling me I'm pregnant, but science is telling me it's too soon to take an accurate test for it. I've been trying to hold out until the end of at least next week but things just keep getting "worse".

Can anyone shed a little light on this?? I've heard conflicting information about it.

*sighs* thank you everyone for your encouraging advice, but we have been struck with a tragedy....this past Saturday I spent 90% of the day in the ER, bleeding. The doctors confirmed that yes I was pregnant but due to unknown complications it couldn't carry on, and terminated itself. My boyfriend and I are holding together fairly well, and each day gets a little easier. We've been given the go ahead that as soon as I feel up to it, we can try again. So there wasn't anything seriously wrong, it just wasn't meant to be I suppose. In any case, thank you all very much.

Hi G.,

When I got pregnant with my daughter, I knew I was pregnant the morning after conception(I know this seems weird). I didn't have any symptoms or anything except that I felt different and just knew I was pregnant. With my next pregnancy, I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 3 months along!!! Although I should have known a little earlier (hindsight) because I was moodier and more emotional. With my son, I found out by taking a pregnancey test. We had been trying to have another baby, so everytime I was a little late I took a test, but I didn't have any early symptoms with him. So to sum it up. Each pregnancy was different for me in the early stages.

Good luck!!!

I hope you are but I just went through the same moodiness for absolutely no reason. 2 weeks of feeling down, cranky and snapping at everyone for nothing. I was worried because I do not want to be pregnant again. I got my period a few days ago so it was just really out of character moodiness.

Hope your outcome is different!

With my second I took a pregnancy test 11 days after ovulation/conception and it was positive. The line was faint--but it was there.

I have to wonder though...if you are planning to get married, why not get married *before* having a second child? I was 17 weeks pregnant when I got married, so I'm not judging you...I just never really understood the concept of *trying* to get pregnant when you aren't married yet, especially if you plan to get married. I'm dreading the day my now 9 year old daughter figures out that I was pregnant when I got married, because I don't want my situation to be an example to her be promiscuous (not that I was promiscuous...but you know how teens can contort things).

I got my big fat postitive 9 days after ovulation. I ws encouraged to test earlier and my test turned out very quickly adn very dark. It not to early to test 2 weeks afterwards :)

7 pregnancies, each was different but I was SO regular with my cycle that I "knew" each time. Listen to your body, as another suggested & pick up a pregnancy test...they're amazing these days. Good luck!

Hi G.. I have only one child at this point and I knew within a week after conception and we weren't really "trying" so to speak. We were just letting it in God's hand starting with our honeymoon and well...I just knew the week after, but couldn't believe it. The early response home pregnancy kits work great and I used three of them. Lol. The first was negative, but the next two were positive. So, take the test and take the wonder out of your mind. :) Good luck!

Hi G.,

Good luck!!!

With my oldest, who is 2.5 I just had that feeling. I took a pregnancy test a week before my missed period & it was postive. With my youngest, 3 months, we were trying! The first clue for me was my very sensitive gums. I had sensitive & bleeding gums in the early stages of both my pregnancies, just didn't realize it with my first.
I again got a postive pregnancy test about a week before my missed period.

I think it's a bit early yet for you, just give it some time.

Good luck & I hope it all works out as you would like!

I knew almost immediately with my first 4 pregnancies. We were trying, so I was paying attention to everything. I didn't really have symptoms, I just knew. With my last, I had no idea. We were trying not to, and oops, I thought I had a virus. After a week a friend said to get tested, I was in denial, and a week after that I did. But then again a few months ago, I started having a lot of symptoms (worse morning sickness than all pregnancies combined, tiredness, sore breasts, the whole deal) I was sure that I was pregnant, and I wasn't. Since then, every period comes with pregnancy symptoms.

1 / 3