How Painful Is Bladder Camera Cystopy Test?

I am getting the catheter and camera into the bladder next week. What would you compare it to? Does the pain really last less than a minute? Will Tylenol help before hand?

Do they hold my legs? My husband is physically unable to do so(wheelchair) and I don't want to jump.
Also, can they get a stone out through a catheter? I have passed stones, but I don't see how it could come through a tube that small. Do they zap them with a laser first?

It didn't hurt at all. When I went to pee later, I felt like air came out and a pain briefly.

Never had a camera up there, but I have a catheter, and it really only hurts for a few seconds and then for another second when they pull it out.

Yeah, just uncomfortable. I think the worry and tension probably is the worst, so I don't know that the Tylenol would really do much. I'd say just go to your happy place and know that it'll be over pretty fast.

It's uncomfortable, but not horrible. I had one with no anesthesia or pain medicines because they needed to remove a kidney stent. It is certainly not fun, but once it is over, it is over, and it was quick.

I didn't even take Tylenol beforehand. It wasn't bad at all.

I had no pain at all. You may have slight discomfort when you urinate for a day or so. Definitely don't take Tylenol.

1 / 3