How Often Do Your Kids Take a Shower or a Bath, and When ???

Now, having 3 kids (11, 5 and almost 1) I have to get a better routine down...

So I sat there wondering....

My boys love getting a shower in the mornings because it helps them wake up....

I'd rather have them take one in the evening, because that way they go to bed clean....

On Saturdays they take a bath at night....

Now about the baby....

I like to give her a bath at night because of the food stuck to the hair and neck lol ....

But sometimes she has to take a shower in the mornings because her diaper was soaked in the morning, or she spit up....

Do you think 2 showers a day for the kids is too much ???

Or is it gonna be ok if they get lotioned up afterwards ???

Thanks....I'm really curious about your answers....

My 6yr old son takes a bath once or twice a week depending on his needs. If he plays outside in the dirt he takes one right away- now it's winter not too much outside play. We have sensitive skin on both sides of the family so we try not to irritate it too much in general with a ton of unnessesary showers. Showers/baths amp him up vs relax him so we do them in the morning or mid day - never at night.

My 8yo son has PE twice a week, so he showers on PE days, and occasionally other days if he needs to. He showers at night.

My almost 15yo son showers every night because, well . . . he stinks if he doesn't shower daily. ;)

Personally, I don't think anyone has to bathe everyday if they are not doing much exercise. If you have been sitting around in a chair all day, then you are not dirty.
My kids go in the bath every other day. I go in every other day. 2 showers is too many.

Once a week.

I'd probably do more if it were not for the morning sickness right now. Kind of survival mode right now. Oh, and we do showers for anyone age 2 and up. The baby gets a bath.
Sensitive skin here too so we don't want to over-dry or irritate. They are all under age 7. As they get older, probably more often.

My two kids (2 and 6) take a bath at night. I just can't stand the thought of them getting in bed with all that daily grime all over them. And my oldest has allergies, so it's important that he's not exposed to the allergens from the day overnight.
If they need sprucing up in the morning, we do bird baths. For me, two baths is too much, esp on the water use. I like to conserve and be nice to our environment when I can.

Pick your battles, mama. I think the boys are old enough to pick when to take a shower. I would just be glad they took one without me yelling.

I know what you mean about before bed but not enough to enforce it.

I'm just wondering when you would find time for anything else if there is this much bathing/showering going on! My kids are good with every second or even third night, and showers at the pool count too. If we have time they can have a bath, if we are in a hurry they can shower.

My boys are 5 and 19 months. The 5 year-old hates baths, only takes them when I insist. He likes to shower with his dad instead, but that is difficult with our schedules. He gets bathed/showered 2 or 3 times per week, more if he is especially dirty. He has very dry skin, like his mama, and too much bathing exacerbates his eczema, so this is what works for him at the moment. When he's older and funkier :) we will have to reevaluate the schedule.

The baby gets a bath every other day.

For us, 2 showers a day would be a lot.

wow...that's a lot of bathing!
My boys are 10 and 7. They take a shower every other night. No need to do more than that...yet. Soon, VERY SOON, my 10 year old will start to be a bit funkier and he will take showers more often, but for now, he's fine with every other day. The only time they get more than that is if there is a sweaty sporting event, a party, or if I look at them and think "ICK! get in the shower!"
My daughter is 22 months and she gets about 3 baths a week. Again, unless she has a blow up diaper or gets crazy amounts of food in her hair.
Laura

A couple times a week during the winter/cooler months, every other or every day in summer depending on activity level.

1 / 3