How Often Do You Take Your Kids for Their 'Well-child' Check-ups?

My pedi recommends annual visits from age 3 to 5, then every other year after that. The receptionist told me I can certainly opt to bring my kids in every year. Is there any reason to? How often do your kids get check-ups?

Margaret, at least in our school district, annual physicals are not required. They are required in K, 7th, and 9th, I believe, but none other than that.

My son was in sports so he had to have a physical every year...that was also what his doctor recommended.

I have a 6 and 11 year old. I have always taken them in every year. My kids don't mind, the doctor doesn't mind and I like to hear how they are growing in height, weight and developmentally.

Everytime when they were little-I had 5 children age 7 and 1/2 and under-we practically lived at the pediatrician's office. My children alone put three of his children through college and at least one of them through med school! As they got older-we were always scrambling to get the meningitis vaccine for college-but when they were young-without fail!

once per year for annual physicals.

and as needed for other issues.

When the school makes me. :)

Yearly and my kids are 5, 8 1/2 and 11

Actually, I take them however much my ped recommends. Mine does suggest annual checkups so that is what we do.

As often as our insurance allows, once a year.
We pay dearly for that coverage, I make sure we use it!

My insurance quits paying for them after the child's 5th birthday, so for us this year will be the last... unless we get better insurance then we will go annually.
Personally I believe an annual check up is appropriate for people of any age.

Once every couple years or so for well-checks and once a year to our chiropractor/natural path. If they're sick, we go more often but that only happened once in a life time.

1 / 3