How Often Do You Mop Your Kitchen Floor?

I need some level headed opinions here! Hubby and I are "disagreeing" (playfully) about how often one should mop/clean the kitchen floor. I just walked in there and STUCK to the floor in one spot! lol

We (I) mop ours (embarrassingly) once every two weeks (with a quick job with the broom or dust buster about every three days). I will run the swiffer over the floor more often if I am having company over or if the floor just gets to me. I just simply don't have time for more! Hubby thinks it should be done about once a year. He is serious

How often do you mop/clean your kitchen floor? BE HONEST!!

I sweep as needed. The dogs sweep after the kids for me usually. Mop....whats a mop? Lol, not often.

Sigh, I vacuum about once a day, the kitchen family room and hallway Everyday and then I have a schedule for rest of the rooms. I feel SO guilty because I don't mop often at all. I'm too embarrassed (let alone remember when ;-) to say. In my defense, when out tile was put in the grout wasn't sealed (even though I asked if it should be). So even though the tile was nice, the workmanship of putting it in was great it, in my mind it looks like (you know what) now because of the grout. IF I had known it needed it right away I would have sealed it myself but was told not to worry about it by the installer. I've tried cleaning and sealing myself but the staining was too much and already set. What really needs to happen is the grout needs to be redone but around here that is a lot of dollars or a tremendous amount of work. So I live with it. In order to do that I can't stand looking at as long as it takes to mop so have be in the right frame of mind to do so. Wow, who knew this could be such an emotinally charged question?!? Aren't you glad you asked me? ;-).

Honestly, not as often as I should! Maybe once every few months. I vacuum it regularly but we do have a dog whom I've nicknamed "Hoover." She pretty much keeps all food and crumbs off the floor.
I do "spot clean" all the time. I see a spot and clean it with a rag and then also clean whatever is in my reach while I'm down there.

We have to be honest?

Okay, well, anyone who walked in my house at any time would think it was clean. However, I'm not one for floor mopping, I have to admit. I have dark wood floors, in crappy shape, and they don't look any different if they're just mopped or not. So, I don't mop much. I do have a lot of rugs, and I vacuum them frequently.

Do I really have to be honest? Four times a year? We're a shoes off family, if that helps. Yikes, I hate being honest, it sounds so dirty. My house really does look clean, I swear, and is clean, in the important areas. And well-decorated. But why spend a lot of time mopping when it doesn't make a darn bit of difference.

I sweep mine about every other day, wipe up messes with disinfectant spray or antibacterial wipes when needed.... Actually, truly, like Pine-Sol mop? Umm... Haha... When we have guests over! So, not as often as you do!!! :-)

**Just an edit to add that I mop my BATHROOM floor once a week. It's probably a mental thing, but it makes my skin crawl to think my bathroom floor is dirty with bathroom germs - haha.

I probably mop every 2 weeks too. I will sweep almost every day, in fact if I don't sweep you can really see the difference. Mopping isn't that hard, but there's just something about it that seems so laborious!

I used to vacuum and mop once a week when I was a stay at home mom. Now I'm lucky if I mop/vacuum twice a month. I spot clean but I miss the days my house felt cleaner. I work part time and when I come home I start dinner and laundry. I need to get back on track and mop at least 4 times a month and vacuum more. My kids like to use the swiffer wet jet and dry so that too counts as spot cleaning.

Once a week now that I have my new Eureka envirosteamer. :))

Before that... ehhh... every few months, maybe. But I do sweep a few times a day (depending on the day... we have a dog and fluff balls accumulate in the corners easily, plus the grass clippings that come in on shoes, etc) and I spot clean with a hot damp paper towel for spills or anything that I step on that my foot sticks to, lol. Which is hard to tell sometimes... b/c the dog drips water from her bowl all the way across the kitchen!!! And that always feels "sticky" until the drips dry.
Sponge mops didn't work, they just tore up and had to constantly be replaced b/c of the edges of the tiles. Regular mops just seemed like it slopped the mess around and I couldn't really SCRUB. The only way it felt clean was hands and knees... and it is a BIG kitchen with a 5 ft island in the middle and I would just put it off and put it off and put it off...
Now, with my steamer... it takes about 10 minutes... start to finish. And it is SANITIZED TOO. :))
Best thing I ever bought!~

1 / 3