How Much $$$ to Donate for Baptism

I have never attended a Baptism and next month we are having our son baptised. We met with our Faith Formation person for our Baptism Preporation Class and we were given papers explaining how to choose the right Godparent and along with that was a "Baptism Donation Envelope". Being that this is our first time I was curious on how much others were donating. I don't want to give too much but I don't want to not give also. Thanks

N.,
I had my three grandchildren baptized in November of "06".
We gave $50 per child. It seems most people give that, but it really depends on what you are able to afford. You will be fine with whatever you are able to give for a donation.
May you have a blessed event.
Maggie S

I believe that $50 is appropriate, some give more. Remember that they do provide the candle, and the batismal vest thingy (sry dont know the name). Give what you feel in your heart is best and if you financially are unable to, ask the Godparents to help in the contribution.

The church is requesting a donation, not a set amount so go with what you can budget for this special event. I believe DH put $100 in the envelope. Ours was a private baptism done as a favor on a Friday evening (not when they normally perform baptisms at our church), so we may have given a bit more for the priest's time.
Congratulations!

Hi, there is no set amount for a baptism donation. I recommend donating what you can. You are not going to be judged by the amount.

N.,
May you have a blessed event.
Maggie S

When we baptised our first daughter we were asked to donate $100.00. The second time was for our twin daughters we were asked to donate $100.00 each but I got a two-for-one special and they reduced it to $100.00 for the both of them. Not sure if this is the norm though.

Hey girl, any donation no matter what amount should be ok, me personally, $10. I am sure other people will be donating as well.

I gave them $50 per each child. And that was only a few months ago.

just to let you know a Baptism should NOT be done on an infant, you should have him dedicated back to Christ, a Baptism is a choice he will make we he accepts Christ to be his savior and turn his life over to HIM. Number 2, Baptism is a free deal done in the name of the Father. God doesn't ask you to pay for anything especially is LOVE and Forgiveness. Choosing the RIGHT Godparent: please!!! You pick the person that you TRUST to raise your child in any event that should take you away from that reponsibility. This could be your best friend or someone in the family. Someone you know that will love and discipline your child as if he was their own flesh and blood. But this is my opinion and some of what I have been taught as a follower of Christ.

1 / 3