How Much to Charge for Child Care?

I am considering taking in a friends 6 week old baby and taking care of her while she works. I have a one year old that is home with me as well.
Since I don't use any kind of daycare I have no idea what to charge her. I want to be fair, both to her and to myself. Can anyone give me a range of what is a reasonable amount to pay/charge for private child care?

Thanks a bunch!

I've been pricing day cares (Unlicensed In Home Day Cares) and I've found them to be between $85 & $95 dollars a week. The younger the child the more you charge. I spoke with one day care today who wanted to charge me $150 a week and I thought that she was insane because the church across the street only charges $130 a week. Hope this helps!

I pay $10 per hour for two children in my home for a college student to watch the kids. I have checked and an infant at Kindercare is $217 per week. I would have to provide formula, diapers, a clean sheet every week. I think you should ask your friend what she is comfortable with or give her a figure if it is weekly.

I pay $100 wk for private in-home care, but I have short work hours. I think the other parents pay her $125 wk. But make sure the parents supply all the diapers, wipes, formula & baby food. Once my son was old enough to eat regular food, I only supplied diapers. All the moms take turns every other week bringing in wipes, oatmeal & cereal. The daycare lady supplies the milk, juice, lunch and snacks.

I paid $125 a week for private child care in someone else's home while my daughter was 3-12 months old. I supplied all food, bottles, formula, diapers, wipes, toys, etc. The sitter had her own pack and play and swing, so I didn't have to provide that.

1 / 3