How Much Juice Does Your 3 Year Old Drink?

Just wondering how much juice your little one(s) drinks in a day and also what brand?

Thanks everyone for your responses. My son loves his juice boxes. He's been having extra since he had a sore throat and cough. I only give him 100% or fruitables. No high fructose corn syrup or sugar. he eats fresh fruit and veggies. he loves milk. not too thrilled with water. just wanted to see how other moms felt about juice.

When mine were little they drank: none. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Totally unnecessary and usually full of calories and added high fructose corn syrup to boot.

At age 12, my oldest now gets an applejuice sometimes in the lunch line at school (7th grade). My youngest, age 9, still doesn't care for any of it.

Neither of my kids drank juice at 3, and they still don't at 7 & 8. They eat fruit or smoothies and might get a glass of juice as a breakfast treat every couple months or so.

None unless they were sick. The it was either oj or diluted apple juice. At 5 and 6 both kids prefer water or milk over juice.

NONE daily. Drinking juice is not very good for them, since it has a lot of sugar. Sure it is natural sugar, but still. Eating fruit is much better than juice, since it also has the natural fiber.

I do give my 3yo a small glass (up to 4 oz) maybe once or twice a week AT MOST. The ped said it should only be an occasional treat. Only give 100% juice, no 'fruit drinks' or 'juice drinks' that are less than 100%. Any brand is fine, it really depends on preference and cost. We do drink the 100% V8 kind since it has veggie juice also. You can water it down a bit to make it go further and have less sugar.

None. I didn't offer and they didn't ask. I think they eventually ran across orange juice and mango juice and apple juice once they were school age-ish. But even at 5 & 9...They drink juice very rarely.

My 3 year old doesn't drink juice - he's all milk or water. I know there is 'good' juice, but the vast majority of it is simply a sugar bomb in a glass and empty calories without nutritional value.

I don't buy juice at all for my house. My daughter gets a choice of milk or water.

don't notice the brand, only care if its 100% fruit juice. We go in trends. Sometimes its 2-3 juice boxes a week. But right now I'm not buying it, so we are on a no juice trend.

1 / 3