How Much Does Your 3 Year Old Weigh?

My son will be 3 in July and he weighs 27 pounds and measures 36 inches. He was always on the thin side. I'm wondering what the average weight for a 3 year old is.

At my son's 3 year appointment he was 40 pounds and 40 inches. He's always been in the 95th percentile for both height and weight.

My 3 year old daughter is 37 pounds and is around 38 inches or so. My 14 month old weighs 29 pounds.

My 4 yr 3 month old weighs 33 lbs and is 37 in. The little boy I babysit is 3 yr 7 months and weighs 30 lbs and is 38 inches tall. My daughter weighed 35 lbs and was 39 inches tall at 3 yrs old. All kids are different. As long as your son is growing at his own rate I'm sure he is fine. Make sure he has healthy foods and plenty of exercise and I'm sure he'll be fine.

My 3 yr old weighted 28 lbs and was 36 inches for what seemed like forever. He is now 3 1/2 and weighs 30lbs and 37 1/2 inches. Don't worry about the "average". As long as he is healthy- you have nothing to worry about. If he "falls off the chart" then the doctor will be concerned, but he is nowhere near that.

Here are the charts so you can see for yourself!

http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/growthcharts2/a/percentile...

http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set1clinical/cj41l01...

Definitely depends on the child!! My oldest was 31lbs at 3. My second...well I'm not sure she is even on the charts anymore, she was 22lbs at 3...she is 4 1/2 now and 28lbs. My youngest, who is 2 is 32lbs...so yes, he is bigger than his big sister. lol, they all grow differently, they all have dif body shapes, my daughter is extremely petite, while my youngest is "solid". You don't need to "fatten" him up (as an earlier poster recommended) I think the size seems about right, as long as he is eating alright and his dr doesn't seem worried, there is no need for you to worry! Also, at that age kids are so active that they just run around and burn all those calories off.

My daughter will be 3 next month and she is 35 inches tall and 32 pounds.

My son just turned 3 a few days ago. Yesterday he weighed 33 lbs (the 65th percentile) and measured 38.5" tall (the 76th percentile). He is on the long and lean side -- but not skinny.

My daughter was 28 lbs and 36 in at her 3 yr check-up.

It all depends on the child. As long as they are growing on THEIR growth chart; there is no need for worry. My oldest has always been petite and she is now 9 years old and only weighs 47lbs and is 47 1/2 inches tall. My middle child is 4yrs. old and weighs 42lbs. and is 42 1/2 inches. She is going to pass her big sister up soon! My 2 1/2 year old weighs about 25lbs and is 35 inches tall. They are healthy with different body types. I have never worried because they have always been consistant in growth on their growth charts. My ped. is fine with the way they all are growing and so am I!!!

I think your little one sounds just fine, and I would not worry too much. I hope this helps you feel better! Have a good day!

1 / 3